No announcement yet.

Who educated you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her name was Carla, and I'll never forget her.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

They were no doubt laughing amongst themselves about your misfortune.

I hope you got some of your own back by telling some unsuspecting poor soul that they could get access the cheat bonuses by hitting "Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A ... Start" at the opening screen of Contra.
      There's no freaking way you still remember that after all this time... tell me you googled...

Anyway CONTRA ROCKED!

Check out this no-death run for some awe-inspiring nostalgia action:

Unbelievable!

Comment

It's Aeson, I would expect him to remember all of that stuff...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It is burned into every fiber of my being

(if only they had required some marketable skill to unlock cheats in nintendo games...)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
            It is burned into every fiber of my being
            Come to think of it that 'clicked' with me even before I checked wiki to confirm. Two years of hopeless addiction will do that I suppose.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Anyone who played Contra or Gradius or Lifeforce (my personal favorite of the Konami code group) should have that burned into their brain for eternity.

And those games are best played with a friend, so the true code should be...Select Start.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                And those games are best played with a friend, so the true code should be...Select Start.
                That's what the ... was to signify.

Comment

Most totally random threadjacks are annoying, but kudos to that CONTRA video
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

State run school for the general knowledge, and myself for a lot of disciplines that interest me personally, especially natural sciences and computer stuff. When things awaken my interests, I can be a good autodidact. I have difficulties to learn things, that don't interest me, though, and so as an average in school I was just barely above the median, best grades in natural sciences, mediocre to bad in all others.

Comment

This poll should be changed to multiple choice. I went to various state run schools from the start of my education until high school, but those last three years I was going to a private Christian high school. OTOH, said school was as all private schools in Norway subsided with 85% by the state, so it cost little and can probably be called a semi-state school because of that?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

State for primary, secondary (Magnet), and undergrad, and private for grad.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

I did go to several schools and possess several degrees, but mostly, I educated myself.
                          "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I don't understand the question
                            Blah

Comment

Wer erzog Sie?

Seriously though, I've actually learned at my best when thrown in at the deep end with the subject matter - this has been the case in the job I have been doing, where I've had to learn it somehow. I have what is known as an activist style of learning. Put me in lectures and it will go in one ear and out of the other...hence I found university a hard slog even though I am very, very bright.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bah education, I found out everything myself! I went to a state run school only because all the other kids were there
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X