No announcement yet.

Who educated you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strictly speaking it was a state school although it was extremely atypical in that it is/was a super-selective grammar school.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
      It was state schools which taught me to read and write, then impeded my learning for the next 10 years.
      If only you'd been whisked off to a Buddhist monastery, all would have been well
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        State-run school + myself...
        Same here...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I attended mostly public school (couple years of private international school thrown in) but it sure as hell wasn't where I got my education...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

If only you'd been whisked off to a Buddhist monastery, all would have been well
            Aye , they even teach the kids how to read and write .

I mean lets get this straight, it's nice to know lots and lots of random useless crap (the being forced to learn it part isn't quite so nice).

But what I REALLY wanted to know, was how to be happy, successful, get along with people, improve myself and make the world a better place.

Comment

What I REALLY wanted to know was how to get to that secret area in Super Mario Bros. I tried so many times, but never succeeded.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You have to duck behind the scenery. Really easy.

Comment

How do you duck behind the scenery?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Comment

I'm confusing SMB3 with SMB1. SMB1 there is on 1-2 the spot where you zoom to 2,3,4, you get there by going over the top. The other secret area in the fish level is harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                        Oh so you have to crouch when you jump. Why didn't anyone ever tell me that part? Seems a bit crucial to me.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                          Why didn't anyone ever tell me that part?
                          They were no doubt laughing amongst themselves about your misfortune.

I hope you got some of your own back by telling some unsuspecting poor soul that they could get access the cheat bonuses by hitting "Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A ... Start" at the opening screen of Contra.

Comment

State school+myself until I was 11, then private school until I was 18, then uni which is all self taught...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                              My parents taught me to read before kindergarten, bought a set of encyclopedias, and we didn't have TV (until I was 10)... I was in public schools, but essentially self-taught in most subjects.
                              Your family got the TV for General Conference didn't you......

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                                Your family got the TV for General Conference didn't you......
                                They actually thought about getting a Satellite dish for it. But they just listened to it on the radio.

We did have a TV, and a video disk player. (No idea what format... they looked like records inside a plastic cartridge.) We owned Mary Poppins, The Ten Commandments, and Star Wars.

Also had an Atari. Gaming > TV

Comment

Working...
                                X