No announcement yet.

Are you rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a student. I don't have any dependents, and make about 20k per year.

I have a decent ammount of toys, and eat decently, although I can't travel as much as I would wish.

I consider myself rich.

JM
    (I do owe a fair bit in school loans though due to enjoying myself the last few years)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I am a student. I don't have any dependents, and make about 20k per year.

I have a decent ammount of toys, and eat decently, although I can't travel as much as I would wish.

I consider myself rich.

JM
      (I do owe a fair bit in school loans though due to enjoying myself the last few years)
      Are you ****ing kidding. No one who makes $20,000 is rich, rich is more like $100,000 with no dependents or $200,000+ with a family (I don't even know how a gay lover or test tube would factor into the equation, so I wouldn't even go there). If you people want to delude yourselves into thinking your moped is a Rolls , then go ahead, but not on my dime, not one second longer.

Note that I am assuming you live in Montana with the above figures. For LA or NYC or Boston or DC or any place worth existing, multiply by 2-3 thanks.

Comment

I make a lot of money, but I'm deeply in debt.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          I was suprised to find that I am.

Apparently, I'm in the top 10% of U.S. wage earners. It certainly doesn't feel like I'm rich. I can't even afford to buy a home here in Los Angeles.

Maybe it's because I've only been getting anywhere this much since we organized our local back in 2000. Since then, our salaries have doubled.
          I completely understand. My new job will get me over £40k, yet still buying a property around this damn place is still going to be a problem, although I will definitely be better placed than most.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I completely understand. My new job will get me over £40k, yet still buying a property around this damn place is still going to be a problem, although I will definitely be better placed than most.
            I figure our mortgate crisis will bottom out in about a year. If I decide to stay in L.A., I'll start shopping around them.

But to be truthful, I'll really like to blow this cookie stand and head for brighter climes.

Comment

Financially: I'm a student(I'm poor); I'm making around 18 000$cdn/year (This year a little more since I had a 2.50$/h raise)
              Friend: I have a lot of friends, and a few of them that I can have "total" trust.
              Family: All is going well in that dept.
              Career: I didn't finished school, but If things go well, I'll begin my master, next fall.
              Love: In that dept I'm really poor.
              ===
              Overall;
              I don't have money, don't have girl. But I have a lot of friends and my family is very supportive.
              bleh

Comment

Banana might win another one.

I have a banana
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I figure our mortgate crisis will bottom out in about a year. If I decide to stay in L.A., I'll start shopping around them.

But to be truthful, I'll really like to blow this cookie stand and head for brighter climes.
                  I must admit that I do like London, and it would be nice if the property market went down a bit making somewhere a little more comfortably affordable, especially if that gives me time to put a decent deposit aside.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I must admit that I do like London, and it would be nice if the property market went down a bit making somewhere a little more comfortably affordable, especially if that gives me time to put a decent deposit aside.
                    you're on staff too?

Comment

I think I'm pretty rich.
                      I have a very good income and I have a good ammount of money.
                      But I'm going to move to a new house and we're getting our 2nd baby, so things may be totally different within 4 months 8)

Oh, and since I'm working as a freelancer I may be bankrupt near the end of the year
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Oh yes, but I don't wield any power. If only
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          Compared to the other six and a half billion people on Earth? Compared to other Americans? Compared to my peers?
                          The point is that people never make these comparisons. They are driven by imaginative needs, even if saying this makes me a hippy.

Blake

New reactionary trend at Poly

Comment

If I use median values:
                            Compared to the whole planet, I'm stinking rich.
                            Compared to the whole Russia, I'm rich.
                            Compared to the Moscow as a whole, I'm probably above average.
                            I don't think I'm rich by American standards. Is making 2k a month (after taxes) above or below average? Don't forget I pay almost nothing for rent.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Onodera: probably below average in the US.

Money-wise I'm poor, quite normal for a student.

Being a student, though, I have next to no liabilities safe for those which I have picked for my leisure times - group activities etc.

I'm in a happy relationship. I have a stable social life.

In a little more than a week I'll be on a hiking trip with friends and it all looks nice. No trouble. No big expectations either. That's the big pro of having hippie not yuppie friends

I feel a bit troubled for being lazy with my uni papers which I should be doing. I know this sounds normal to most but it doesn't to me. The average is not my standard. Talk about comparing yourself to silly ideals not to others.

EDIT: forgot the summary! all in all I seem averagely rich, but thinking things through makes me feel richer than I was feeling before. Thanks Blake

Comment

Attached Files
                                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                                X