This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Shootouts would still be around but only for pride.
    That doesn't make sense.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• It makes more sense than giving team points based on showboating.

But fans still like to have a "winner" and not ties.

The goal of the game is to win within 60 minutes of play.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Is it just me, or is Tila Tequila made up of utter fail?
        B♭3

Comment

• I have no idea what that is, but I don't like Tequila.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• A loss is a loss. Giving a point for reaching OT in a game that is ultimately lost is asinine. If anything, they should be penalized a point for losing inefficiently.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It is tradition. There's something to be said for not losing in 60 minutes, even if it's worth 1/3 of winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
                Is it just me, or is Tila Tequila made up of utter fail?
                She scares me.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It is tradition. There's something to be said for not losing in 60 minutes, even if it's worth 1/3 of winning.
                  If tradition meant a damn in hockey, we wouldn't have OT at all. Or shootouts.

If the goal is to avoid ties, either go straight to a shootout or make the OT go until there's a winner.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

If tradition meant a damn in hockey, we wouldn't have OT at all. Or shootouts.

If the goal is to avoid ties, either go straight to a shootout or make the OT like the playoffs -- go until there's a winner.
                    OT has been in hockey as long as I can remember.

Shootouts I hate.

I would DEFINITELY be against having the loser of a shootout get NO points. The thought of that actually enrages me, since a shootout has no place in the NHL. The thought of a shootout deciding all 2 points makes my blood boil.

Comment

Guess I'm a pretty old fart. Original 6 and all that.

Shootouts I hate.

I would DEFINITELY be against having the loser of a shootout get NO points. The thought of that actually enrages me, since a shootout has no place in the NHL. The thought of a shootout deciding all 2 points makes my blood boil.
                      I'm with you on the shootout thing. "I was at a hockey game, but at the end, an All Star Skills Competition broke out."

But fans still like to have a "winner" and not ties.
                      If the fans want a winner, they should accept that there's also going to be a loser. A loss is a loss. You lose, you get nothing. What could be more fair and logical?

Comment

The goal of the game is to win within 60 minutes of play.

The goal of the game WAS to win within 60 minutes of play.

They changed the rules. Just like drunk driving was legal...times change. Rules change, all the time. http://www.tmlfever.com/TheGame.html

I am all for your point awarding rule, but OT ties must be followed by shootouts. 2 points for the winner, 1 point for the loser. 3 points for a regular time win.

Spec.
                        Last edited by Spec; March 11, 2008, 16:58.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Shootouts I hate.

Shootouts rule. You're just mad because Calgary has no skillz at shootouts...or in game for that matter.

The thought of a shootout deciding all 2 points makes my blood boil.
                          That, I completly agree with.

Spec.

Comment

It is tradition. There's something to be said for not losing in 60 minutes, even if it's worth 1/3 of winning.
                            One that dates back merely 10 years or so. Giving a point to the loser in OT only dates back to the mid 90s(edit: the 99-2000 season, apparently). NHL used to not have OT at all during regular season, but I don't know when they changed that (edit: the 83-84 season, apparently).
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

One that dates back merely 10 years or so
                              Good enough for me.

Comment

• 1983-84 - Five-minute sudden-death overtime to be played In regular-season games that are tied at the end of regulation time.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                                X