Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's as old as me. Good enough for me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• as I

Comment

• Do you even know what hockey is?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• So it's as old as me I.

Comment

• Oh, you so did not play the role of grammar police in an Ask Asher thread. I evict thee!

Comment

• What do you have against the grammar police ?
              B♭3

Comment

• Pedantic nerds anger me greatly.

Comment

• How do you deal with Poly then?

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• I lash out at the pedantic nerds.

Comment

• Don't you feel that you can sometimes be pedantic when it comes to computing ?
                      B♭3

Comment

• Yes, but that makes me a pedantic geek. An pedantic geek can kick the ass of any pedantic nerd.

Comment

• What do you consider the difference to be between "geeks" and "nerds"?
                          B♭3

Comment

• Geek: Someone who has active interests they pursue doggedly.

Nerd: Someone who strives for academic excellence.

Comment

• I always figured "Nerd" to be a subset of "Geek"; however, I've also always felt that "Geek" entailed that these active interests tended to be more of an intellectual bent, rather than physical, and often to the point where it can cause some social issues--

--which is why "film geek", "theatre geek", and "music geek" are acceptable, "fashion geek" is a stretch, but **** like "fitness geek" are right out and a mockery of the term, a case where wannabe trend-followers are trying to attach their **** onto what is now in vogue, i.e., geek chic.

Do you agree?
                              B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                                Geek: Someone who has active interests they pursue doggedly.

Nerd: Someone who strives for academic excellence.
                                So I'm a car geek?

NO!!!!!

Spec.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X