Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teh South Park Season 12 Thread (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It was an okay episode, considering it was short on Cartman & Butters. I liked a couple things:

1) The world isn't going to "change" for better or for worse. There's too much inertia in America for Obama to meet the predictions that some of the voters have had.

2) Obama and McCain are both criminals. It doesn't matter who wins, they're just going to rob us all. That fits with South Park's libertarian agenda. Reasonable people can disagree, but I liked that little touch.

Other than that it wasn't very good. Not nearly enough Cartman.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch

Other than that it wasn't very good. Not nearly enough Cartman.
        [Cartman mode]
        Screw you, *******! I bust my hump every week carrying these lame guys. And you go whining because I get one week off?! Well, sure, I'm the star. But give me a break! ...andmake me a sandwich too!
        [/Cartman mode]

Comment

• Fair enough, but Cartman's one line was pure gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera
            Was that a spoof of Ocean's 11? I've never watched that movie, so I don't know.
            Yea.

I am impressed how quickly they were able to get this up (with real quotes from speeches Tuesday night). But overall, not that great.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

[Cartman]
              ...and get your ***** ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!
              [/Cartman]
              Fixed.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Fixed.
                True. "A sandwich" would be considered health food.

Comment

• Another lousy movie-themed episode.
                  "

Comment

• Was Ocean's 11 really as lame as whatever that episode tried to parody? I might have to take if off the ol' Netflix queue if that's the case...
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera
                      Was that a spoof of Ocean's 11? I've never watched that movie, so I don't know.
                      mostly yes, but i suppose it's was about all heist movies....
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Mediocre episode this week.

Using Cartman in only one brief scene almost assures failure.

Nice use of the Goth kids
                        Butters's hiss of "Hhhhkkkkkk" was
                        + his disgust at drinking Clamato "blood"

But a vampire Butters is just a reprise of Captain Chaos.
                        And his parents' fear of him was a reprise of the end of the Margareen episode.

I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

Comment

• Totally disagree--this was tied with the Cartman/Wendy fight as the best episode of the season.

And where is Guynemer lately anyway?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
                            Was Ocean's 11 really as lame as whatever that episode tried to parody? I might have to take if off the ol' Netflix queue if that's the case...
                            11 was good. 12 and 13 not so good.

Comment

• This episode was all right. Not as good as the Wendy vs. Cartman episode, but decent. I think what saved it for me was the speech by the Goth kid at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                                Totally disagree--this was tied with the Cartman/Wendy fight as the best episode of the season.

And where is Guynemer lately anyway?
                                Working, and agreed with your assessment of this episode. Any Butters-centric episode is almost destined to be awesome, and this was no different.

But, as always, even with one line, Cartman was awesome: "I got you, Bebe, you Jap *****!"

Comment

Working...
                                X