Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU forces feudalism to end on Channal Islands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a math PhD too.

Comment

And got a Bronze at the IMO. Impressive. But for the Yugoslavian team.

Comment

Sark might be in a lot less trouble if its politicians had the obvious cerebral abilities of this forum's members.

Actually I found this forum because yesterday I was sitting next to a lady on a plane and got a surprise e-mail from her a couple of hours later saying she'd found my e-mail by Googling "Sark and Slovenia". I'm still a bit baffled, because I get no relevant hits myself (but this thread did come up in my search hit list).

Since your sleuthing capabilities seem to be better than mine, maybe you could tell me how my thesarkeetimes e-mail can be found by Googling "Sark and Slovenia"? I suggest any replies are sent to me by PM / e-mail since this is off-topic for this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Maybe she was using one of Google's nonEnglish language servers?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The word "Slovenia" is like 42 only better.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by thesarkeetimes
              Sark might be in a lot less trouble if its politicians had the obvious cerebral abilities of this forum's members.

Actually I found this forum because yesterday I was sitting next to a lady on a plane and got a surprise e-mail from her a couple of hours later saying she'd found my e-mail by Googling "Sark and Slovenia". I'm still a bit baffled, because I get no relevant hits myself (but this thread did come up in my search hit list).

Since your sleuthing capabilities seem to be better than mine, maybe you could tell me how my thesarkeetimes e-mail can be found by Googling "Sark and Slovenia"? I suggest any replies are sent to me by PM / e-mail since this is off-topic for this thread.

Thanks.
              tell us who you are really
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Most interesting. Even more so that you were compelled to comment here.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Was she cute?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

My sleuthing abilities consist of 1) looking at your profile 2) googling the name you entered.

But I suspect the reason this page is that Heraclitus (who posted on the first page of this thread) has "Slovenia" in his location field. Thus, this page is probably one of the few on the web that contains both words.

edit: Interesting. I actually get a lot of hits for sark and slovenia (no quotes).

Not entirely sure how your email came up, though. Could be some indirect magic on the part of google (sark and slovenia -> page with/linking to articles about sark -> that newspaper, maybe?).
                    Last edited by Kuciwalker; April 2, 2008, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Was she cute?

Who tries to google up email adresses of people they only met once? I have a feeling this is a lonley elderly lady.

If I am wrong, and if the female in question is much more attractive.... then good luck with that.

IHMO someone tracking down your contact info is just regardless.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                        When will the EU eliminate the totalitarian dictatorship of Sealand?
                        No, since Sealand has an elected board of supervisors - and as such, is not a totalitarian dictatorship. The Prince is just a figurehead.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                        X