Fold this forum back into the OT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A victory of democracy.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

A victory for separatism and teh politics of exclusion
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Didn't I say that?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

This announcement should be posted in the OT so people will know about it.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I am in favour of keeping this sub-forum, as creating it was my idea. Shiva, I'm disappointed with You
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                No posts in this subforum today.
                Two threads with posts in them yesterday.
                One thread with a post in it on the day before.

This subforum is dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.
                Three threads with posts in the yesterday.
                None the day before.

The Bataan Death March of the History Subforum trudges on.

One Off Topic; One Forum; One People.

Comment

Wir müssen die History forum posters ausrotten!!

Just because we are few in a land of many and because we are different from the majority does not warrant our subforum be annexed and made part of the poly lebensraum.

Comment

Three threads with posts in the yesterday.
                    None the day before.

The Bataan Death March of the History Subforum trudges on.

It is as prophesized by ZKRibbler, it hath begun, the breakdown on an orderly Apolyton Society, Oh, The Humanity....

/me remembers it sounded like humanity..it was horrid whut ever it wuz
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Like some pointed out, there are few history threads these days. Lots of people who would otherwise contribute (even though partly) are not taking the trouble to check here perhaps?

In that sense merging would be a good idea, but otoh I agree that history threads tend to get washed away by other pointless attention whore threads.

There is no solution!
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by Traianvs
                        Like some pointed out, there are few history threads these days. Lots of people who would otherwise contribute (even though partly) are not taking the trouble to check here perhaps?

In that sense merging would be a good idea, but otoh I agree that history threads tend to get washed away by other pointless attention whore threads.

There is no solution!
                        I concur, attention whore thread needed
                        Attached Files
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• So why haven't the mods yet heeded this poll's clear mandate?
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
                            So why haven't the mods yet heeded this poll's clear mandate?
                            -- there is anything but a clear answer from this poll. But moreover, from less than two months ago as posted by Solver:

... about History and Technology subforums. The decision made iternally, taking into account poll results, was to keep them both for the time being. But we haven't failed to notice that the activity in both has dropped further recently, so rest assured that we will be discussing the fate of these forums internally again in the coming months.
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
                              So why haven't the mods yet heeded this poll's clear mandate?

Comment

• 31 to 31 isn't a very clear mandate. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it alone. However, it is pretty quiet here. I've stayed away for months (no particular reason), but things look as though I've never been gone.
                                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                                X