No announcement yet.

112 Vs 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think 112 works on my mobile phone...but I only learnt about it in this thread so it doesn't suprise me.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      ou work for a company that uses '9' for the outside line (like 90% of companies).
      Funny, 9 is also the outside line number here at most companies / institutions. They can't standardize an emergency number but this one seems fairly consistent.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        according to a news story on greek newspaper i just found, only 22% of europeans are aware of the existence of 112. greece is at the bottom of the list with 4% but also italy and britain (6%) are very low as well
        Link / full list?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Why would you have different numbers for different emergency departments? If my arm is on fire* I don't want to stop to think about whether I should call the fire dept. or the ambulance...just call 911 and let the dispatcher think while I'm busy panicking.

*may be an extreme example.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Link / full list?
            the article was in greek and there was no link to the full results...
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

then again googling for "europe survey 112 22%" get this as the first result

it turns out that Denmark is last, not Greece
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

666 reverse 999 to avoid confusion
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                X