X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran unveils space center, launches rocket

Many fear program may be cover to more fully develop military missiles

updated 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
    TEHRAN, Iran - Iran launched a research rocket and unveiled its first major space center, state television reported Monday, the latest steps in a program many fear may be cover to more fully develop its military ballistic missiles.

State television showed live images of the event from the space center, with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad issuing the launch order in the latest step towards Iran's long declared goal of developing a space program.

"The first Iranian rocket Explorer-1 was fired into space," state-run television reported Monday, without specifying the exact altitude. "With the launch, Iran has joined the world's top 11 countries possessing space technology to build satellites and launch rockets into space."
    Full story:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Good for them
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Go-go gadget fundy!

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There's no meaningful way to oppose this diplomatically. I can't blame Iran for using this as a way to develop the basis for ICBMs without actually producing or testing any weapons.

Makes me wonder why so many countries still use the missile first approach with all the diplomatic fallout that entails.

Comment

"I don't see any Allah up here." -Juri bin Gagarin
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Just what we need, a suicide rocketeer.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

liberate Iran, they don't want to be oppressed with this wasteful spending on space exploring stuff, and many have almost nothing to eat
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

So, I assume this means space flight can be achieved without using equations developed by a Jew?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Uh which Jew are you referencing?

Cuz you sure as hell don't need Einstein.
                  APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

A third world country investing in space exploration? Iran's priorities are ... peculiar to say the least!
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                      A third world country investing in space exploration? Iran's priorities are ... peculiar to say the least!
                      Not for the country that heavily invests in nuclear power when it's petroleum related infrastructure relating to its vast oil reserves is woefully inadequate and in desperate need of expensive expansion and investment.
                      Last edited by Geronimo; February 4, 2008, 21:32.

Comment

its its its its its its its its its its

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          its its its its its its its its its its

thanks. actually what bugs me most of all is when I inexplicably type a Homophone that isn't remotely related to word I intended. It's not a result of ignorance but neither is it an expected result of carelessness since it would be just as easy to use the intended word.

Comment

What?

Comment

Apostrophes are the grammatical equivalent of silk toilet role.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X