Phear the mighty German Navy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phear the mighty German Navy!

We don't need no "Bismarck" anymore! We ram you to the ground, mercilessly, and we are training it with our own boats!

That was a ridiculously reckless manuever, every officer and senior rating on that bridge should be fired, that Captain should be charged with criminal incompitence.

I trust any one of YOU on poly to drive a ship better than that with a day of training.

I have been involved in a collision before, between my ship (USS McFaul) and the USS Winston Churchill. I wasn't on the bridge at the time and it was not nearly as so spectacular.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Well, the Captain got releaved of command.

It happened April '07 near the Lebanese coast, where our boys are having holidays, err..., enforcing the weapons embargo against Hesbollah.

The repair bill is several million euros, paid by the taxpayer, of course.

Comment

I once had a Lebanese belly dancer in Germany offer to marry me if I was rich. Luckily I wasn't. Nice navy, looks like fun.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Only the best in the Navy
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Perhaps our boys thought:
            Well, no damages due to Hezbollah activity till now, that surely must hurt their (Hezbollahs) feelings. Maybe it will make them feel better, if we cause damage to our own boats.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Honestly, just watching that makes me nauseous. Seeing a ship in front of you like that, or visa versa is every OODs nightmare.

And I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish either. In a line abreast formation it is normal to conduct a corpen/search turn like where the outside ship from the direction of turn turns first, then when she hit the wake of the ship in line he turns, and so on until the whole formation is still in a line abreast heading ninety degrees off there original course.

They were not in a line though, but rather in an offset column. It is impossible to think you wouldn't hit the other guy doing that

I also found it odd the turning ship seemed to do nothing to get out of the way of danger. He had plenty of time to just throw the rudder over and turn enough to either pass behind the ship. It seems like they did back down, or she would have cut the other ship in half, but still

What they Should have been doing...

http://www.odu.edu/ao/hrnrotc/studen...#342,36,Corpen (Search Turn)
              Last edited by Patroklos; January 30, 2008, 22:01.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

you germans stear boats as recklessly as you drive cars.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Patroklos: What do you expect? People who are exceptionally bright tend not to say "Oh! PLEASE PUT ME ON A BOAT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WITH MENIAL TASKS FOR YEARS ON END."
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Patroklos: What do you expect? People who are exceptionally bright tend not to say "Oh! PLEASE PUT ME ON A BOAT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WITH MENIAL TASKS FOR YEARS ON END."
                    Trust me, almost no one says that. Most of the people on Navy ships hate it. Patroklos is not a good indication of that.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The officer corps of Western militiaries are some of the most educated entities in the world Asher.

Its why we make so much money on the outside

Trust me, almost no one says that. Most of the people on Navy ships hate it. Patroklos is not a good indication of that.
                      Just because your experiance was bad hardly means everyone's is. Did you even pick up rate before you got out? If not I can understand why you didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

The officer corps of Western militiaries are some of the most educated entities in the world Asher.

Its why we make so much money on the outside
                        Oh, comparing military educations. That's productive and useful.

What kind of education do you have? An English degree from some state uni?

Comment

What's a "military education"? Do you mean military training in things like driving ships, or education at universities?

Comment

Universities. Real education.

Comment

Oh, comparing military educations.
                              Well, since every officer is required to have a degree before joining, and masters six years after joining, and usually a doctorate or equivalent after 20 do the math.

Not to mention all the trade education we get while in, almost all of it directly relevant to the real world.

And the most important education/experiance I will make bank off of on the outside is I have been the manager of dozens of people at a time since I was 22. That doesn't happen in the civilian world.

Comment

Working...
                              X