What to have for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly bloom

Known as 'poor man's bread' in Jamaica. They're quite firm, and reminiscent of gingercake.

They fill you up nicely- you can get the ones about the size of medium cookies, and others which are a bit thicker, and darker and more like side plates in size.

Mmm, bullah cakes.
    Didn't think I'd ever see you referring to "cookies".

Comment

Anyone ever had something unoriginal and tasty on a basic slice of toast, other than say marmite, golden syrup, jam etc?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
        flank steak? What the hell is flank steak?
        Wiki is you friend.

Mexican style flank stack is tenderized with a mallet and then marinated for hours in a high acid marinade so that the meat is nice and tender as well as spicy and flavorful.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

As sson as learn how to marinade I'll have to try cooking one
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

3 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce), or to taste
            1 chipotle chili pepper (from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce), seeded and minced, or to taste
            1 tablespoon brown sugar
            1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
            Zest from 1 orange
            1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
            6 lbs Beef flank steak
            1 cup lemon juice
            1-1/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
            1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, minced or to taste
            1/4 cup cilantro, minced (that's the leaves of the coriander plant)
            1 chopped white onion
            1 Tbsp ground black pepper
            1 Tbsp salt
            1 Tbsp chili powder

I also like to add minced garlic and a bit of Hungarian peprika along with a squeeze of lime. If you are making it in a pot roast then it is nice to quarter two large potatoes as well. Use a meat tenderizing mallet to tenderize the meat (don't mash it to a pulp just get it nice and tender) then allow it to marinade in the refrigerator over night.

When it is read put a little butter in a frying pan on medium-low heat and empty the whole bag into the frying pan. Cover and allow to simmer, flip meat occasionally. When done allow to cool and enjoy. Alternatively you can make it in a pot roast on medium meat; just put it in the pot roast when you leave for work and enjoy a well cooked meal when you return home. Though if you make it in a pot roast you might have to add a bit of water (since it will be slow cooking for several hours).
            Last edited by Dinner; February 5, 2008, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

Didn't think I'd ever see you referring to "cookies".
              Well it's originally from the Dutch, but as I was addressing an American, there was little point in saying 'large biscuits' since the point of reference is not the same, gastronomically speaking, in the British Isles.

Biscuit of course being from the Italian.

Gosh, I love speaking English- it's such a modern lingua franca.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

This morning's breakfast was left over Gorganzola Salad.

Comment

Ass. The only real answer is ass. Ass for breakfast, ass for lunch, ass for dinner and ass between the meals. Yeah.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Ass. The only real answer is ass. Ass for breakfast, ass for lunch, ass for dinner and ass between the meals. Yeah.
                    You don't eat ass for breakfast. To get ahead in life, you must kiss it.

Comment

Coffee is usually the only thing I have for breakfast. It rarely tastes like ass.
                      "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Left over pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          Left over pizza.

Comment

Working...
                          X