"Snotty-nose little brats"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snotty-nose little brats"

WASHINGTON - A Virginia high school student who called a school official's home to ask why a snowfall hadn't closed schools is creating an online storm.

The 17-year-old student called the listed home phone number for the chief operating officer of schools in Fairfax County, Virginia.

His question - why weren't schools being closed after an estimated eight centimetres of snow?

The student left his name and number.

But his call was returned by the school official's wife, who left an angry taped message referring to "snotty-nosed little brats."

Her final advice: "Get over it, kid, and go to school!"

Now, a recording of the nasty message is all the rage on YouTube and other Internet sites after the student posted it on Facebook.

The school official, Dean Tistadt, says the incident has been "horrible" for his wife.

"How dare you call us at home! If you have a problem with going to school, you do not call somebody's house and complain about it," Candy Tistadt snapped in her message.

The student, Devraj (Dave) Kori, who attends Lake Braddock Secondary School, did not immediately respond to an e-mail Wednesday.

But he told The Washington Post that he thought he had a right to ask a public official for more information about a decision that affected him and other students. He also said his generation viewed privacy differently.

Fairfax County schools spokesman Paul Regnier told the newspaper that Kori's action showed a gap in civility.

"It's really an issue of kids learning what is acceptable and not acceptable. Any call to a public servant's house is harassment," Regnier said.

Kori told the newspaper he was called into the principal's office to discuss the situation, though he was not punished.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

8 centimeters?

3 inches? And this kid wants school closed?

What a *****.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think there may be something to the fact that this generation views privacy differently, but you DON'T call the official's home. If school isn't canceled, then that guy is at work, so you call there!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"It's really an issue of kids learning what is acceptable and not acceptable. Any call to a public servant's house is harassment," Regnier said.

That idiot hasn't a clue of what is harassment because one brief phone call is not harassment.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          8 centimeters?

3 inches? And this kid wants school closed?

What a *****.
          Kids today.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            That idiot hasn't a clue of what is harassment because one brief phone call is not harassment.
            It can be. Here, it wasn't...but say, if the kid called up with a death threat, then it would be.

Comment

What Imran said.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Candy is an actual name?
                I always thought it was a fake name only strippers use
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

"snotty-nosed little brats."
                  "Get over it, kid, and go to school!"

Nice to hear some truth out of the mouth of a public official for a change. Wanting the school closed for an 8cm snowfall is pathetic.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

This is news!

Comment

How can something like this even make national news? It's a non-story.

Comment

Hre's her phone message in its entirety:

This is Candy Tistadt, Dean Tistadt's wife. This message is for Dave Kori. How dare you call us at home?! If you've got a problem with going to school, you do not call somebody's house and complain about it. My husband was up at 4 o'clock this morning, trying to decide the best thing to do, to send you to school, on a day when the weather man is calling for one thing and another thing happens. You don't begin to know what you are talking about, and don't you ever call here again! My husband has been at the office since 6:30 this morning, so don't you even suggest that he purposely didn't answer his phone. He is out almost every single night of the week at meetings for snotty-nosed little brats, and he may not have called you but it is not because he's home because it snowed. Get over it kid, and go to school. Get an education, that's what you're there for.
                        Candy Tistadt
                        Snotty-nosed DC-area kids with a giantic, unearned sense of entitlement, who are complete p*ssies about snow
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                          Wanting the school closed for an 8cm snowfall is pathetic.
                          They are wimps around here. You'd be surprized what they close school for.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                            Candy is an actual name?
                            It's short for Candace. Once upon a time, I had a supervisor named Candace Ibarra. Her nickname was "Candy Bar."

Comment

I consider a single call from a telemarketer harrassing
                              my time.
                              More to the point, what if that wasn't the only call? Would that count as harassment? "Brats" (Note the plural use) would seem to suggest repetition of some kind.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X