No announcement yet.

I'm at work on a saturday :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on a Sunday too. Turned up at 10a.m. Trying to figure out if I pulled something in my foot or worse cause it hurts like **** and has been for about a week.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yeah, my left ankle seems to be aching a bit with the running so I will have to take that easy. I am not in on a Sunday today, although I often go in as I get paid huge sums of cash for doing it
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ah. Huge sums of money. You know, I did the maths last night while walking to the pub and, as a Ph.D. student, given the hours I work and the funding I get, I actually get paid a bit less than minimum wage per hour?
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yeah, that figures I know I was on a lot less than minimum wage back in my day - it is why I had to live at home for so long.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When I get told what Ph.D. students used to get paid...it wouldn't even cover my rent in Brighton.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

May you have better luck today
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                When I get told what Ph.D. students used to get paid...it wouldn't even cover my rent in Brighton.
                One of the contributory factors to the departure - that and my supervisor leaving and being stuck in a bit of a non-advancing limbo. Good luck if you have the support structure to get through it though.
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Designated drivers?
                  I was gonna go with drunk drivers, as that seems to be one of the areas in which America excels.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                    Ah. Huge sums of money. You know, I did the maths last night while walking to the pub and, as a Ph.D. student, given the hours I work and the funding I get, I actually get paid a bit less than minimum wage per hour?
                    If it's only a bit less, then you're not working hard enough...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                    X