Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    yaroslav, are you a Serbian terrorist wanna be
    The only Serbian terrorists are in the movies, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
      Like, in the UK, I routinely pub crawl and club hop thanks to the frequent buses/Tube/or just the fact that we build our cities more compact and I can walk everywhere, including back home.
      Staggering back home.

Once of the plus points of our population density. They have big homes and gardens. We have short journeys.

Comment

And better weather. You could freeze to death staggering back home here.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Piece of cake. Tonight I tied one on with a bunch of guys only two of which I had a clue what it was they were talking about, but we all had a great time. Everything was dealt with, nothing discussed.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Across the street there lives my wife's gay childhood friend. He works for one of the cruise lines, often in the Carribean. When he is here the house across the street has lots of guests that are a bit different. We have dances in the streets at Christmas time and several show up and have a blast too. They speak english well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              yaroslav, are you a Serbian terrorist wanna be looking for info on the world's end or something? Doleing out condolances while seeking the secrets of mass human suffering? Or not? If not, nevermind. If so
              Holy cow, Batman! My plans have being unveiled. I shall go to Philipines and retake them for the Spanish crown, for which I work, before Lancer is able to get out of there.

"Have other people in the same situation got results in such a short timeframe?"

Yes! In 4 months YOU TOO can create a hell raising life eating monster in a petree dish!
              Well, I have just put a lot of insects in a box full of radioactive uranium that I brought from that nice Russian-Pakistan terrorist network that support us, the world-destroyer Serbs. Let´s see what we are able to get. I am adding a little of heavy music to the mix, in order to increase the killing instincts of the ants in the box.
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                While I've got a captive audience, can someone explain to me how North Americans living outside the few dense urban cities (New York, S.F., etc) manage to have a proper drunken night out? Like, in the UK, I routinely pub crawl and club hop thanks to the frequent buses/Tube/or just the fact that we build our cities more compact and I can walk everywhere, including back home.

But I look at a place like L.A. where the car is so undeniably king and I just have no idea how you manage to go out, get drunk and get home without spending a fortune on taxis. Especially if you live in the suburbs (I never recall seeing a bus once when I lived in suburban America).
                Designated drivers?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Designated drivers?
                  You mis-spelt gimps, I think.

Comment

I normally work every saturday. I spend roughly 6 hours in a small office all by myself, usually on poly or other sites to waste my time. It's very boring, but I make enough money that it doesn't bother me.

I have today off though, because I'm doing the last bits of planning for my birthday party.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Agar agar- the gel so good they named it twice, I love it!

Commiserations Starchild.

Think long and hard of Jean Franko and Mason Wyler simultaneously accidentally arriving on your doorstep sans funds and clothes.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Re: I'm at work on a saturday :-(

Originally posted by Donegeal
                        You get used to it...
                        I actually prefer working on weekends, always have.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Poor SC
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Though I like your attitudes to H&S I normally spill stuff when I where gloves so I don't normally bother
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

SC ... you're just beginning. You'll have many more saturdays, and sundays, and 48 hour straight experiments...

Ph.D. study in biology can be ever so much fun...
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Gloves? I'd be in a space suit playing with that stuff. Besides, space suit might protect from yaroslav's radioactive heavy metal ants.

Comment

Working...
                                X