Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    Then you are simply wrong.
    You're an idiot, and you have no knowledge of engines and logic.

I was comparing 2 4 cylinder engines, one with a turbo, and one without. An NA (naturally aspirated) 2.4L 4 cylinder nissan engine will consume less gas than a 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo engine for the same car.

Originally posted by Oerdin
    A V-6 turbo will consume less gas then a V-8.
    Did your mother tell you that?

Let me educate you a bit. Your V8 at WOT (wide open throttle) will most likely consume less gas than a V6 Turbo at WOT. Its all about air/fuel ratios. The displacement factor is eliminated when comparing turbo engines with NAs when talking about fuel management.

A regular air/fuel ratio in an NA car, depending on its compression ratio is about 14:1 (14 parts of air for 1 part fuel). With a turbo engine, its usually about 12:1.
    The more gas you have in your explosion the colder the detonation will be, keeping the combustion chamber cooler so the mixture doesn't pre-detonate at the wrong time, breaking the engine.

So, the reason why the displacement factor is eliminated between turbos and NA engines is because the NA engine sucks in air, no more than the displacement can physicaly allow, but on a turbo engine, the turbo blows in air by force depending on the turbos capacity, which is called boost and calculated in PSI. And automaticly, the cars ECU calculates the amount of air getting in the combustion chamber and feeds fuel accordingly.

So to make this very basic, lets say you have a 5.0 liter V8 mustang. At WOT you car will suck in 5.0l of air. So your air fuel ratio is 5.0L of air for 0.35L of gas. (14:1)
    I have a 3.2L supra, running at 10 PSI, which means that my air fuel ration would be about 16L of air for 1.45L of gas. (12:1)

Your NA engine runs on vaccuum and my turbo engine runs on boost pressure when the turbo is spooling.

Now please shut and stop bull****ting like you know anything about cars other than what you see in the sunday morning paper.

Spec.
    Last edited by Spec; January 17, 2008, 23:55.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Coal liquification is also WAY dirtier than oil.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Poor Spec. Completely unable to use what little he knows.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If you even beleived that, you'd prove me wrong.

Since I turboed cars from A to Z and tune them myself, I cant wait for you to prove me wrong.

Can you?

I would guess not. Everyone knows you're the bull****er of all bull****ers.

BTW, how many engines have you taken apart? How many cars have you tuned/boosted/rebuilt?

You better come up with something better than: "Poor Spec. Completely unable to use what little he knows." if you wanna keep the little credibility you have left.

Spec.
          Last edited by Spec; January 18, 2008, 09:00.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

My guess is Oerdin has done 48 engines...one inch at a time...while eating pizza.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Still one has to wonder why the hell you NA-icers need gas guzzling V6 and V8 engines in PASSENGER cars...
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

DP
                Last edited by dannubis; January 18, 2008, 07:38.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                X