Lost: Season Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost: Season Four

As it stands right now, we're only gonna get eight episodes due to the writers' strike.

What do y'all think we'll see in the shortened season?

Is rescue truly on the way? Who exactly are the "Others" anyway? Who is Jacob? What's the deal with Richard? What the **** in the smoke monster? What exactly happened when the hatch imploded? What was Dharma really up to? What happened to Juliet in Jack's flash-forward? Was she in the casket?

Will any of these questions be answered?

Pre-season power rankings:

1. Hurley--seeing him drive the VW to the rescue might be the single best moment of the entire series
    2. Sayid--seeing him break that dude's neck with his legs whilst bound and gagged might be the second best
    3. Desmond--not sure why he's got psychic powers, but he's just a good man
    4. Sun--deserves to be this high just for being smoking hot
    5. Jin--deserves to be this high just for having a smoking hot wife
    6. Ben--still a creepy, bug-eyed ****, but a fascinating villain
    7. Juliet--still a cypher, but I think she has finally chosen a side
    8. Jack--still an arrogant *****, but finally making good decisions
    9. Sawyer--could go higher if he finally deals with his issues, instead of brooding and moping
    10. Kate--I don't find her as offputting as I used to, but she still serves no purpose
    11. Claire--serves even less of a purpose
    12. Locke--dude, seriously, get a ****ing grip on reality, will ya?

RIP: Charlie. Drowning must be an agonizing way to die, but he went out a true goddamned hero.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

I'l miss Charlie
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I find that I really don't care about this show at all anymore.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
        I find that I really don't care about this show at all anymore.
        QFT.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

If your ranking Sun and Claire just on their hotness, than Claire should be 4 and Sun 11, plus Sun cheated on Jin, who is awesome.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Is this show still going on? I saw the first episodes of season one, and quit. It was just so not fun.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The long break between seasons has lessened my interest in the show, but I'm looking forward to the premier because there's not much else on right now. Thank you writer's strike!
              "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

I'll probably watch this, though as with others (hur hur) my interest is waning.

I was irrritated at the end of the last season to find they plan to string it out for 3 more mini-seasons though - one full season to wrap everything up would have been enough I think.

Comment

Same here. Will probably watch just because there's so little stuff to watch anyway. But I was very disappointed when I heard about 48 (is it?) more eps coming. Three seasons would have been enough for the show. Four would be okay, too, assuming they used season 4 for explaining and wrapping things up.

Now, the first half of season 4 apparently provides no answers, while the second one does provide some. Given that only the first half will air for now due to the strike, it'll be even more irritating. Somehow I feel the show's audience will have decreased dramatically by the time it finishes.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

My sister: WTF!!11! They’re just making s*** up? [after seeing the four- toed-broken-statue-leg-thingy]
                    Last edited by Heraclitus; January 13, 2008, 16:22.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I agree that the long break was a huge mistake, it's definitely lessened my interest.

Previews hint that the "rescue" is not coming for the stranded passengers, but instead for something else - like maybe whatever it was that blew up the bunker, or whatever it is that has kept the island hidden, or the smoke beast.

Hey! Maybe Lost ties in with Cloverfield !
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It's obvious that they're not getting rescued just yet, IMO. I am, partially, counting on the new flash-forward format to keep it interesting for a while longer.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Lost: Season Four

Originally posted by Guynemer
                          RIP: Charlie. Drowning must be an agonizing way to die, but he went out a true goddamned hero.
                          Frankly, I don't know why he died the way he did. It seemed kind of pointless. All he seemed to do was to keep the entire station from flooding. He and Desmond could've swam to safety, and who cares if the entire station gets flooded.

If someone could explain to me why he had to do what he did, it would be appreciated.
                          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

IIRC, Desmond promised Charlie that if he died people would come and rescue Claire and her baby, Desmond saw it in one of his visions. So Charlie sacrificed himself to rescue Claire and the baby.
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Oh, so it wasn't a "logical" decision. It was a "faith" sort of thing. I guess it goes with the theme of the series.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X