Pet Hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    When people say 'yes' or nod even when they don't have a clue what you just communicated to them.
    Let me guess: you're in the Philippines.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Learn English - not just your crazy colonial dialect...
      Learn democracy. In a democracy you can't keep control with a minority.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Let me guess: you're in the Philippines.

It's rampant!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

It's rampant!
          Here's my wife's favorite story from the Philippines. We were having some car trouble, so one morning she dropped the car off at the mechanic's and was told it would be ready that afternoon. She returned at 4 pm and had this exchange with the mechanic:

MRS. FIREFLY: May I take my car now?
          MECHANIC: Yes, ma'am!
          MRS. FIREFLY suddenly remembering what country she's in: But if I take it now, will it break down again?
          MECHANIC: Oh, yes ma'am!

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I have yet to fathom wtf they are thinking...or how their minds work. How to give such an answer as the one your wife got? Why? whywhywhywhywhy???

Comment

Lancer: "This little building will be 2 stories with a cement floor and roof.

Brother in law: "Yes, ok."

Lancer: How many stories will this building be?

Bro in law "I...I dunno"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

This happens to me everyday on the escalators at the subway. People get to the end and then just stop moving.
                And then there's the arseholes who don't stand to the left side of the escalator thus blocking the passage of anyone running late for a train/work.

Comment

Originally posted by Will

Learn democracy. In a democracy you can't keep control with a minority.
                  One word: Florida
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I love all the Americans complaining about other drivers in their country, for once I can agree with you all. Americans are easily the most annoying drivers I've yet come across in a Western country.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

People who put their bags and coats on the seat even in crowded trains really wind me up.

I always make a point of sitting there rather than in other empty seats.

Comment

Yeah, I really enjoy annoying people who annoy me...

The pity is that these sorts of people are so small minded and ignorant that they often don't even realise how selfish they are, or that they're in the wrong.
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Bags huh? Maybe you were the one that sat on grandma!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Yeah, I really enjoy annoying people who annoy me...

The pity is that these sorts of people are so small minded and ignorant that they often don't even realise how selfish they are, or that they're in the wrong.
                            They never seem to argue though, so I think they know they are in the wrong. They seem to split into three main groups. There is the oh-is-the-train-really-that-full-now group (again splitting into people that were genuinely daydreaming and those putting it on) and the why-are-you-sitting-here-when-there-is-another-seat-down-there-with-no-coats-or-bags group.

The third group are by far the worst, but also the most fun.

Comment

People puting too much butter on their bread and then puting back the excess - including bread bits - in the pot.
                              People who turn on the rear fog light(s) while the road is wet and shining like a mirror.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

People who toss their grenade but forget to pull the pin! Makes policeing up the grenade range more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X