No announcement yet.

So, what's the deal with Janis Joplin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summertime live in Stockholm 1969. Awesome!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Janis is awesome. At least her radio hits were . I'm not familiar with any of her other work.

I think it's nice to have a different style of female vocalist. This is even more important today as it seems every female vocalist has to have that R&B style

Comment

janis can sing. every single pitch is spot on. the timbre of her voice is more of an acquired taste. much like macy gray.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

"Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"

Comment

God what trash

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
              janis can sing. every single pitch is spot on. the timbre of her voice is more of an acquired taste. much like macy gray.
              No. Macy Gray is even worse.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Janis
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Oh, Lord, won't you buy me an HDTV
                  The government says go digital
                  They won't let me be
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    "Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"

I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Janice!
                      Janice!!
                      Janice!!!

Try
                      Down on Me
                      Cry Baby

go ahead and listen, great songs
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

looking at my mp3 list piece of my heart is the only song I have. It's a great song though.

Comment

Tom Waits is an acquired taste. Truly a marvelous man.
                          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Singing is all about expressing feelings. And Janis took that part to the limit.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Attached Files
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

not only can she sing, but she really left her heart out there... if you cannot feel that than ... how can that be helped, you need some emotional trauma to get in touch with yourself again
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X