No announcement yet.

Retired BG slams Republican Canididates over DADT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giuliani is really difficult to see on this issue as he has cosied up to evangelicals that don't like gays.

Evangelicals who don't like gays like Mike Huckabee. I wouldn't dispute that Huckabee has less odious positions than the rest of the field on certain issues, but gay rights certainly isn't one of them. As far as I can tell, his stance is worse than at least half of the field (which doesn't mean that it's better than the other three).
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

I banish you to PWP
      I spent my time Cranking!

My boss (a black LCDR) has a book I think titled "Buffalo Soldier" that I thumb through somtimes about black integration into the military. It mentioned that by the time of that order the Navy was largely already desegregated.

I assume it was the nature of our service. As you know during battlestations everyone is in the fight from SK to IT to FC to QM.
      It's possible. I mean, it isn't like you can separate the Black Unit from the White unit when the entire ship is going to go fight.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
        Giuliani is really difficult to see on this issue as he has cosied up to evangelicals that don't like gays.

Evangelicals who don't like gays like Mike Huckabee. I wouldn't dispute that Huckabee has less odious positions than the rest of the field on certain issues, but gay rights certainly isn't one of them. As far as I can tell, his stance is worse than at least half of the field (which doesn't mean that it's better than the other three).
        Well, still to me he just points to not believing all gays are going to hell. He just gives the impression of not being the typical close minded Evangelical. The who creationism thing is horrid about him, but whatever.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Since Huckabee is running for President rather than Pastor, his views on public policies are a ****load more important than his personal theological views. And Huckabee's public policies are terrible on gay rights.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
          X