Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother and his wife live there as well.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The only time I've been to SD, in fact the only time I've been in California (outside of LAX) was during the Cedar fire. My friend lived in SD and her parents in Phoenix, we drove there to go camping and the fire started on our last day. On the way back the entire sky was clear blue except for the large mushroom shaped cloud way off in the distance. It just hung there all day and it was an eerie feeling knowing that's your destination.

Good luck, Oerdin, and be careful with the "I love you"s right now.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

"Scripps Ranch residents again driven from their homes by fire."

With the Witch fire still roaring unchecked across northern San Diego, police ordered mandatory evacuations for the Scripps Ranch area – specifically residents living south of Scripps Poway Parkway, north of Miramar Marine Corps air Station, east of Interstate 15 and west of state Route 67.
        That isn't new news since the evacuation was ordered at 2:30pm today but it does kind of sting to read this and realize your family is right in the middle of the evacuation zone.
        Last edited by Dinner; October 23, 2007, 00:55.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ouch, babe.

I need to check in on some friends of mine. Best of luck to you and yours, Oerdin.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I helped my dad load his car and then he left for his girlfriend's house in the El Cajun area. I told him I'd do my best to watch over the family house during the evacuation though I live around 3 miles away and the police currently aren't letting any cars in to Scripps Ranch. Luckily, this is my home ground and I know back ways in which the police are not watching.
            Be very, very careful. If the house is in danger of going up in flames, there's almost nothing one person can do in these winds. On the other hand, it is so easy to suddenly find yourself surrounded by fire with no way out. There is a reason cops are not letting people into the area.

Nobody wants cooked Oerdin.

Comment

Beware dude

Good luck, but dont get close to the fire
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Second thread on this topic...

Please use
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...