No announcement yet.

Petraeus wins Washington political debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are all of a sudden many problems in Kurdistan, this can really backfire on the Democrats.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

When, not if...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Eh, we will see. Assuming the trend continues, which is not certain at all, there will be some great soundbites of Pelosi and Reid. Hell, the Petreaus hearing itself is hours of political commercial gold.

If it lasts to Petreaus's next report, again not at all certain, it will be interesting to here the Congressional spin.
        And if by the next reort all that can be reported is that attacks are down but the US needs to still keep 130,000 troops and spend 50+billion a year indefinitely, how exactly does that hurt democrats? Specially when a plurality of Americans would prefer just to leave completely?

Oh, i forgot, you think Americans like spoending tehns of billions a year on Bush's "Historic Legacy"
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You just have to win the argument that it wouldn't be indefinitely if it wasn't for the Democrats not supporting the troops.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Have we won Iraq yet?

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

To be sure, Petraeus is winning the battle of Iraq going on in Washington.
              Last edited by DanS; October 18, 2007, 17:39.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Crap, that's meaningless.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sure was lots of ink spent on the battle over the last couple of months.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                  X