No announcement yet.

Starcraft 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Starcraft, I have the expansion pack and I've gone bake to them a few times. I'll buy the new Starcraft just to see what's erm, new.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Anyone want to speculate on what new stuff the Zerg have got? Probably something which blurs the line between fliers and ground units, like the other races have.

Maybe a tick-like unit which can jump cliffs, and some sort of moving burrower.

Comment

Having that option available will invariably alter teh available strategies, especially if SP campaign developers assume that people will use it and design teh campaigns accordingly.
        But in some ways pausing can be a crutch, and it's hard to get off things like that
        Sigh, those of you who need your pause button sound as if you need it in order to win/be satisfied.
        All BS, especially the last quote, and it cant explain why Age2 was such a frantic rushing game similar to starcraft. Most popular strategy-asap rush in fuedal age. But apparently everyone should have been slow pause-pushers.

Reactionaries
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I think it's dumb that flying things barely go any faster than ground vehicles... or foot soldiers!
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
            All BS, especially the last quote, and it cant explain why Age2 was such a frantic rushing game similar to starcraft.
            That has nothing to do with anything.

Adding pause-with-orders is like adding cheat-codes - using them let's you play in a way other than intended, and makes the game easier for you.

Crutches
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
              I think it's dumb that flying things barely go any faster than ground vehicles... or foot soldiers!
              QFT.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Adding pause-with-orders is like adding cheat-codes - using them let's you play in a way other than intended, and makes the game easier for you.
                2 things:

First of all, cheats bends the rules of the game, pausing-while-giving-orders just "bends time", while the gameplay is the same. All it does is giving your more time, not everybody is fast enough to click 100+ times per second and can remember all the shortcut keys in the game. I used the pause-trick when I just started playing RoN, shortly after I was good enough to beat the AI on the hardest level without using it... so call it training, but don't call it cheat

Second, even if it were cheating, does it matter? It's not like it makes any difference at all to those who doesn't like it
                If someone is having more fun with a game using cheats, then where's the harm? Let him have his super-über-unit that can destroy all enemy units just by looking at them, if that's what he wants. The only "negative" side by allowing cheats is that the player who uses them never gets any good at the game, but so what? It's his choice. A game is meant to be fun, and if cheating makes the game fun for that guy, then so what?
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Adding it to the game and using it would be what the developer intended, otherwise why did they add it?

Cheat codes and pausing are singleplayer. It has no relation to multiplayer, and having the pause-and-give-orders has not hurt games that have it. You may as well start whining that cheat codes that give resources hurts multiplayer because it lets the human beat the AI easier
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That has nothing to do with anything.

Crutches
                    yes it is a crutch. no one is denying that. Those players will never be up to the level to play competitively on the internet. The point is to make the game more accessible to all gamers especially tbs gamers. They either want to sell more copies or they don't. 'nuff said.

Comment

• Using pause orders in SP has virtually nothing to do with how well a person can perform in MP. MP RTS games are mind-numbingly simplistic, usually being able to be distilled down to a settings specific economic formula with some tactical micro.

The only real effect is that pause mode orders would let you "max" a formula out in testing, eliminating user error in comparing various approaches. It could be a useful tool in that regard, even for a dedicated MP player. Once you know the checklist, you can then just pound the keys in without pausing until it becomes second nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                        TA handled that nicely. There is a distinct difference in the movement of bots, vehicles and aircraft -- as well as great variation within each type.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I found TA to be very boring for PvE

Is second string (only below SC) for PvP though.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X