No announcement yet.

Starcraft 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they don't focus too much on MP at the expense of the Campaigns. I really enjoyed SC when I got it because it was like playing an interactive movie... I only had a 36k modem at the time so Battle.net was out of the question.

Comment

Starcraft was one of the only RTS that I enjoyed the SP of. I also love the MP (I Didn't play much on Battle.net though).

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

Under normal situations I would agree, but in this case it's more like the opposite. I'd say it takes more time to program the game to not allow giving orders while paused, as they have to check if the game is paused every time the user tries to do something
        It's like they're spending time building a wall in a place where only few people go, but the wall has no positive effect as it doesn't harm anybody if people where allowed to go there

So IMHO they should focus on making the game, instead of wasting time building a pointless wall

If it was the other way, that it would take more time to make it possible to allow giving orders while paused, then I would agree on not having the feature in the game, but that's not the case
        This doesn't make sense
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

My problem with RTS is the same as with team sports - I tend to get mesmerized watching all the little dudes blow each other up and forget to issue orders until one side has been wiped out. Hence, pause button.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            My problem with RTS is the same as with team sports - I tend to get mesmerized watching all the little dudes blow each other up
            What team sports do you play?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                This doesn't make sense
                What part doesn't make any sense? It's quite obvious that it takes longer time to block for the manage-while-paused than it takes to not block it
                So wasting time on making it impossible not only annoys the few who likes that ability, while at the same time it doesn't make things better for anybody... Seems pretty much like a lose-lose situation
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sorry, but that wrong. There's no meaningful (in terms of effort required) difference between the two systems.

Comment

What part doesn't make any sense? It's quite obvious that it takes longer time to block for the manage-while-paused than it takes to not block it
                    So wasting time on making it impossible not only annoys the few who likes that ability, while at the same time it doesn't make things better for anybody... Seems pretty much like a lose-lose situation
                    QFT
                    Apolyton is denser than ussual this morning
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Sorry, but that wrong. There's no meaningful (in terms of effort required) difference between the two systems.

Actually there is... not much, but there is... But even if you're right, my point still stands. Let's see the positives and negatives of both situations:

"Order-while-paused"-mode:

Pro:
                      People who like the take it slowly are allowed to

Con:
                      ... not really any, except that the player never becomes real good at it, but that's his choice

"Pause-means-don't-touch-anything"-mode:

Pro:
                      ... not really any

Con:
                      Those who like to take it slowly are not allowed to

So even if it takes the same effort no matter what they do, there are still only positive sides when using the "order-while-paused"-mode, while there are only negative sides with the other mode

Comment

You seem to be forgetting that they need "Pause-means-don't-touch-anything" mode for multiplayer. At least, you could pause in WarCraft III MP so I'm sure you will be able to in StarCraft II. It's very handy when you need to get another beer...

If they did the order whilst paused mode it'd be in addition to that, thus more work.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Your not allowed to pause in MP anyway, atleast in age2 there was a hard limit on number of pauses

people seem to think pause-and-give-orders is some newfangled thing that will completely change the game. Its not, its been around for years, and in MP you wont even notice it, and its just an option in SP

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

In Warcraft III you had a limited amount of pauses for emergency use and it had a fixed time limit.

SP in RTS is for practicing for MP, so there's no point having pause and give orders.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              You seem to be forgetting that they need "Pause-means-don't-touch-anything" mode for multiplayer. At least, you could pause in WarCraft III MP so I'm sure you will be able to in StarCraft II. It's very handy when you need to get another beer...
                              I've never played an RTS game where there was any need to pause in the game, none of the MP RTS games I've played had a pause function

Originally posted by MikeH
                              SP in RTS is for practicing for MP, so there's no point having pause and give orders.
                              No, completely wrong. SP is not for practicing MP only, it's for a lot of people also to be able to play a relaxing game, so there's no point in not having it

Comment

In Warcraft III you had a limited amount of pauses for emergency use and it had a fixed time limit.

More people play SP than MP, ES said their ratio was maybe 10% of people buying age2 would play it online...i dont know about starcraft, but with such huge sales, i doubt a majority played online. Some people really do like playing against the AI, ive seen it firsthand...its inexplicable to a MPer but they think its fun

Comment

Working...
                                X