No announcement yet.

How I Got Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you sleep at night? If not, either start taking sleeping pills or sell down some of your stocks. Being 50% cash for a while won't kill you.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Let me know if real estate prices fell with the stock market. Here, there is no correlation yet but perhaps there's a lag. See this thread: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=174170
      I don't remember if I ever posted back then in the real estate thread but I can safely say that real estate prices are the same at best if not higher. Real estate is not correlated to stockmarket IMO.

Edit: I though the link was to an older real estate thread that discussed real estate prices in comparison to monthly income.
      Last edited by Sir Og; February 8, 2008, 03:31.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Re: How I Got Rich

Originally posted by VetLegion
        When the bubble bursts, I don't want to be a part of it. Any suggestions?
        get out now
        same thing happened in greece 5 years ago. millions of people lost great amounts of money

edit: oh, i didnt see the graph on the second page...
        Last edited by MarkG; February 8, 2008, 03:45.
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Get out now.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
          X