Do You Have a Police File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivGeneral
    Other than a ticket for a moving violation. No.
    I was so confused by that phrase when I first heard it as a child. My family moved often and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how somebody was in "violation" of anything when they relocated.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

police file???

ive got a friggin FBI file.

When I was in High School I belonged to the Stuyvesant Rapid Transit club. Subway fans. Yeah, geeky, whatever, I know.

One guy was a budding engineer, and had specs for various subway cars. One had a contact at the NYCTA, and got us interesting stuff from them.

I was the club "minister for foreign affairs" I wrote to various transit agencies overseas for maps and other materials to share with the club.

There was no address I could find for the famed Moscow subway system, so I wrote to their UN mission in NY. They sent back a polite note saying there was no information on this matter (the least forthcoming answer I got - France sent me an invitation to research at their cultural center on 5th Avenue)

I didnt know it, but naturally the FBI monitored ALL mail to the Soviet Mission.

My parents didnt tell me at the time, but a pair of agents rang their doorbell asking about my letter. They explained I was in HS, etc. AFAIK Im still on file.

It did not prevent me from later getting a security clearance.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I got my FBI file in college -- Viet Nam war protests, all that.
        35 years ago, probably long buried.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          I got my FBI file in college -- Viet Nam war protests, all that.
          35 years ago, probably long buried.
          what was it..'68 in Chicago?

or maybe a little 4 Way Street down Ohio way..

Im sure a lot of Hoover Files were about sir...
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
            I was so confused by that phrase when I first heard it as a child. My family moved often and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how somebody was in "violation" of anything when they relocated.
            It's generaly under the umbrella of Traffic Violation.

A moving violation is (from wiki) any violation of the law, committed by the driver of a vehicle, while it is in motion. The term "motion" distinguishes it from parking violations. While parking violations are charged against a vehicle (which will be towed if violations go unpaid or are frequent), moving violations are charged against the person driving. Moving violations are usually classified as infractions or misdemeanors, but serious violations can be considered felonies.

This happened on a cold Febuary day with fresh fallen snow (Which adversely blocked my left view of the street with a big snow pile at the exit of the college parking lot). I stopped at the stop sign, but I did not see the car comming to my left (which the snowbank was blocking) and got into a fender bender. The cops filed it as a failure to stop at a stop sign.
            "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

I'm pretty sure he knows that.

Comment

Working...
              X