No announcement yet.

Do You Have a Police File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid some fast drivers tax in my younger years. Only about 3 times though and once was even genuinely accidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
      Aside from traffic tickets, no.

Comment

Probably. I got denied a job at a nuclear power plant, and my father-in-law was sure it was because I used to subscribe to "left wing" magazines.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Oddly enough, I'm well known for not carrying any ID around
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

There is no way you can be sure of anything but yes or maybe. Some police somewhere around the world might have you in their files for whatever reason.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I could look if I have a Stasi file for being contrary in school.
              Blah

Comment

Are you an Ossie, BeBro?

Comment

Yes
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                    But I do know a guy with a Croatian police file. He's been dating the daughter of a high-ranking member of the government and apprently the police do those things over there, even to Americans.
                    You really know a guy like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                      Probably. I got denied a job at a nuclear power plant, and my father-in-law was sure it was because I used to subscribe to "left wing" magazines.
                      I've heard this from a friend, whose friend's friend was the protagonist. So it might not be true.

This guy was travelling to the USA by plane (post September 11th) and when he landed he was denied entry because he had ordered terrorist books. What he did was order some analytical book about middle-eastern terrorism from Amazon (not a bomb making manual), and it seems to have been enough (him being a foreigner) to be denied entry to the US. Weird.

Comment

Since I was in the Intelligence field within the military for 20 years, I would have to say that "YES" there must be a file on me somewhere out there.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                          Since I was in the Intelligence field within the military for 20 years, I would have to say that "YES" there must be a file on me somewhere out there.
                          That must have been a lonely job.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Since I have worked both sides of the fence, as a local,state and federal officer and my time with less than desirable characters, plus my time in the U S ARMY (GO WITTLICH!! GO GERMANY!!)

I would assume yes I should have something somewhere.

But, nothing major I would assume.

Gramps
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I've been in a position to acquire one several times, but alas, I was not so fortunate.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                My record is expunged.

Or should be....
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X