• Show
Clear All

In this case - welcome!

Comment

Spasibo!
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

There are no tigers in Siberia. The only "big cats" we have here are lynxes. The endangered Tigers populate areas of the Russian Far East, not Siberia.
        This would be true if it weren't false. Siberia is a geographic region as well as a political unit, like when someone refers to America, they could either be talking about the United States of America or the continents of North and South America. So yes, there are tigers in Siberia.

That's why they called dalnevostochnye tigry - Far East tigers, not Siberian tigers.
        Google says your spelling is wrong. It provides an alternate spelling ... and says there are exact 0 hits for either spelling on the entire interwebses, probably because you also spelled "tigry" wrong too. Also, there are 0 hits for "dalnevostochnye tiger" and "dalnevostochny tiger." Dalnevostochyny appears to be an adjective, describing "far east" as you say, but not used as a noun naming this particular sub-species of tiger (Panthera tigris altaica) aka Siberian Tiger aka Amur Tiger aka North China Tiger aka Manchurian Tiger aka Ussuri Tiger aka Korean Tiger.

As for the Happy Putin dance, you forgot that the guy is a master of martial arts (what could be more manly than martial arts?)
        The US Naval Academy's annual Plebe Recognition Ceremony aka Herndon is far more manly ... and homoerotic, just like Putin.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          This would be true if it weren't false. Siberia is a geographic region as well as a political unit, like when someone refers to America, they could either be talking about the United States of America or the continents of North and South America.
          Wiki says that geographically Siberia ends where the Russian Far East starts.
          "Geographically, Siberia includes the federal subjects of the Siberian Federal District, some of the Urals Federal District, and Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, which is a part of the Far Eastern Federal District (see a list of subjects below)"

Russian Far East is a term that refers to the Russian part of the Far East, i.e., extreme east parts of Russia, between Siberia and the Pacific Ocean.

So yes, there are tigers in Siberia.
          No, there are no tigers in Siberia. There are tigers in the Russian Far East.

Google says your spelling is wrong. It provides an alternate spelling ... and says there are exact 0 hits for either spelling on the entire interwebses, probably because you also spelled "tigry" wrong too. Also, there are 0 hits for "dalnevostochnye tiger" and "dalnevostochny tiger."
          And can't be, because "dalnevostochnye tiger" is absurd.
          Tigry = tigers. Tigr = tiger.
          Dalnevostochnye tigry and dalnevostochnyi tigr.

Dalnevostochyny appears to be an adjective, describing "far east" as you say, but not used as a noun naming this particular sub-species of tiger (Panthera tigris altaica) aka Siberian Tiger aka Amur Tiger aka North China Tiger aka Manchurian Tiger aka Ussuri Tiger aka Korean Tiger.
          I was reffering to Amur/Ussuri tigers as "dalnevostochnye tigry", because they populate the Far East. We don't call them Siberian tigers. At least I've never heard so. I had no idea you call them Siberian in English. I think it's wrong. Amur, Ussuri or just Far East describe the habitat of those tigers much more precisely and correctly.

Comment

There are no tigers in Siberia. The only "big cats" we have here are lynxes. The endangered Tigers populate areas of the Russian Far East, not Siberia. That's why they called dalnevostochnye tigry - Far East tigers, not Siberian tigers.
            Not in English. In English they are "Siberian Tigers".

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yes, I admit my mistake.
              But I really can't understand why one of their English names is Siberian. Siberia is huge and these tigers populate a tiny portion of the Russian Far East, which is not Siberia, but a separate geographical region.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                Russia has become a de facto totalitarian state

I recommend that you actually visit Russia some day.

Comment

I'm going to visit Russia thursday-saturday. They will require me to fill out some stupid immigration form (because I stay for more than three days). Must be afraid of me stealing all those high paying jobs.
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Yes, I admit my mistake.
                    But I really can't understand why one of their English names is Siberian. Siberia is huge and these tigers populate a tiny portion of the Russian Far East, which is not Siberia, but a separate geographical region.
                    English is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 Sure have. They're a bunch of fawning fanboys draped in the tricolor. It's a pathetic spectacle.
                      Man, Mr. Pu has answered questions about:
                      the awakening of Cthulhu,
                      using mechas to protect Russian border,
                      the reasons for zerberting that boy on the Red Square.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X