Ferengi vs Klingon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok

Oh yeah? Well, athelas is also known as asea aranion. I take your geek-trivia and raise!
    yeah, but in the very paragraph where that is mentioned, Gandalf (Tolkiens mouthpiece) mocks the geeky healer who bothers with that.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

This is not a LOTR thread. Discuss LOTR in other threads.

Ferengis > LOTR anyway.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        This is not a LOTR thread. Discuss LOTR in other threads.

Ferengis > LOTR anyway.
        ferengis are LOTR dwarves.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

No, LOTR Dwarves love Ferengi.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Vulcans have pointy ears. Blatant Elf rip-off.

Comment

They're also humans but better, which is what a lot of fantasy elves tend to be depicted as. This kind of ticks me off sometimes.

Like the episode where Tuvok is training the Maqui delinquents in a high gravity environment and they're all huffing and puffing, and he just raises an eyebrow.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Voyager sucks, I hereby ban discussion of them in this thread.

Comment

Watch it! Asher has a banning rod!!!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

/me bangbangbang

Comment

• "Bonk! Bonk! On the head!"
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                        It also bothers me that all alien races are around the same height, and some alien races are so different from humans in that they paint their faces red.
                        Watch "The Chase" (TNG, season 6, episode 20).

Klingons > Ferengi.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard
                          Watch "The Chase" (TNG, season 6, episode 20).

Klingons > Ferengi.
                          No. That episode is just a weak rationalization for a simple truth: good aliens would involve more money, makeup, and creativity than Star Trek execs were willing to put forth.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Plus the Horta was a sensational bit of crafting. It's difficult to follow in the footsteps of greatness, so they didn't try. Waste of effort.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              No, LOTR Dwarves love Ferengi.
                              Pak'mara eat Ferengi.

Carrion eaters.
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Ferengi
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X