No announcement yet.

Ferengi vs Klingon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirk was our greatest attempt at exporting American ideals to the world at large

Picard was France's attempt at exporting pansiness to america
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How dare you, he was a Yorkshireman
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No.

This is a real Yorkshireman:

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Oh piss off and stop being ridiculous
          'Tis true.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            No.

This is a real Yorkshireman:

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The Rules of Acquisition

192. Never cheat a Klingon ... unless you're sure you can get away with it.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

More rules! more rules!
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The episodes where the Ferengi were taken seriously and weren't the butt of jokes were great.

The episodes where Klingon culture and politics were explored were great.

The episodes where the Ferengi were pussies were terrible.

The episodes where Klingons didn't have prosthetics were terrible. I'm looking at you, TOS.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oh, come on - you didn't like "The Trouble with Tribbles"?
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Similarly, "Trials and Tibbleations" was awesome.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Civ "related" Rules of Acquisition

7. Keep your ears open.
                        16. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.
                        19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
                        21. Never place friendship above profit.
                        23. Nothing is more important than your health - except for your money.
                        41. Profit is its own reward.
                        45. Expand or die.
                        47. Don't trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.
                        48. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
                        52. Never ask when you can take.
                        58. There is no substitute for success.
                        75. Home is where the heart is ... but the stars are made of latinum.
                        121. Everything is for sale, even friendship.
                        144. There's nothing wrong with charity ... as long as it winds up in your pocket.
                        177. Know your enemies ... but do business with them always.
                        192. Never cheat a Klingon (an Aztec?) ... unless you're sure you can get away with it.
                        202. The justification for profit is profit.
                        211. Employees (people) are rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on (whip) them.
                        242. More is good. All is better.
                        285. No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Comment

I always thought the Ferengi race was one of the great inventions of post-classic Star Trek. The whole economics-as-culture idea was very creative, far removed fand much more believable than the imperialist-explorer-higher consciousness drivel that supposedly drove the other races. The Rules of Acquisition was a brilliant concept.

16. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

That's the best Asher thread in years
                            Blah

Comment

not a poll? Ferengi of course, crooked capitalists over fascists any day

Comment

Meant to make it a poll, but I'm dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X