Freedom of speech, the constitution and the right to picket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious
    Why not the customers do it about the workers all the time. Shouldn't something happen to them then?

That'd be great if people could picket ******* customers .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
      Why not the customers do it about the workers all the time.
      Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't treat food-service workers like crap. I spent some time in college working in food service, and have a rough idea of what it can be like. Besides that, though, it's just plain wrong to be sh*tty toward someone who's done you no wrong.

I even go so far as to address them as "sir" and "ma'am" when they're in their official capacity. Maybe it's a silly idea, but I've always believed that if you treat folks with respect, they'll return the favor more often than not, regardless of their age or job occupation.

Gatekeeper

P.S. Oh, and Tiamat? Here's a for ya.
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper I spent some time in college working in food service, and have a rough idea of what it can be like.
        Have you ever spent time in the drive through line when some dumb ass is just sitting there looking at the menu forever? I have. Those people deserve to be ****ing tasered! That's why Tiamat had to go inside to order anyway.

Last edited by Kidlicious; September 24, 2007, 04:51.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Shades of Falling Down.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Shades of Falling Down.

-Arrian
            Dude, I'm already standing on the ground. Worry about the rest.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I went in cause I had 15 minutes to get from one patient to the other and there was literally 8 cars in the drive through. So today I called the store where it happened and talked to the manager on duty and first ask for the corporate number and of course he wanted to know what was going on so I proceeded to tell him. Part way through the conversation he says...........wait for it.............................................."I've been having trouble with that particular employee off an on for some time now as well as the Manager that was on duty. They both have been on pretty thin ice in fact, the manager is on probation as we speak."

To which I said to him then possibly if you already having trouble with them you should relieve them and yourself of their trouble! Oh and he informed me that he didn't think it was appropriate for me to refer to said twit as a "sandwhich jockey." To which I said that I didn't think it was appropriate for his employee to refer to the people who are paying his rent, buying his groceries and putting the clothes on his back as stupid!!

I told him I'd been eating there since I was in high school and would never darken their door step again. Did he offer any free food to try to get me to come back, no! Did he do anything to try to win back my consumership, no the big giant twit! And to top it off I of course got no phone call from their corporate office which I left the complaint with. So it's just as I thought, they don't give a crap about the people who purchase their food so I am going to picket them tomorrow! TWITS!!! It's a matter of principle now, well it was before but it's worse now.
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Do something zany (but harmless), Tiamat, and maybe you'll attract the attention of an AP photographer ... (whose photo will move nationally/internationally on the raw news wires, and I can use it to fill some space on one of my pages, and post it to our Web site).

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Suggestions?
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Wear a sandwich board. Heh. Get it? Sandwich!

Comment

Tiamat, I think a boycott would be more effective. If your the only one this fired up over this place, then you should probably just let it go and find someplace else to eat, but if you can find others, get them all to stop going there and right a letter to the company telling them you are doing so. If they are as bad as you say, you'll probably get your justice anyway as they are sure to go out of business.
                      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Working...
                      X