Ron Paul seems to be cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker
    Nonsense, and as I said, a $20 gold piece would have bought a nice suit 200 years ago and a $20 gold piece would buy a nice suit today. That aint even close to true for paper money, so yeah, they seemed to have a clue about how the world works.

The problem with it is that there isn't enough gold mined in the history of mankind, even if we could magically recover the significant percentage that has been lost over the ages. You couldn't back one percent of the money in circulation.
    The Fed was in existence, and the Fed was in control of money supply, and the Fed screwed up. Gold didn't cause the market crash or the Depression

Oh, and FDR took us off gold when he came into power in '33, quite the coincidence I'd say. Gold was a check on inflation by limiting how much paper money could be printed by the politicians.

Neither did the money supply cause the Great Depression. FDR took it off the gold standard, but the currency was still backed with fractional gold.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker
      (ignores rest of thread)

If I was an American, I'd vote for him just to shake things up. You guys really really really need a breath of fresh air or at least a 'blast from the past'.

You guys up there can play games with your economy because you can always ride the coattails of the US economy if you screw up.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
      X