Pro-War Protesters Assault Father Of Soldier Killed in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-War Protesters Assault Father Of Soldier Killed in Iraq

A counter-demonstration was also held by supporters of the war. One prominent peace activist Carlos Arredondo was beaten by pro-war activists. Arredondo's son Alex died in Iraq three years ago. To honor Alex's memory, Carlos has been crisscrossing the country pulling a flag-draped coffin. He marched with the coffin on Saturday and then left the march to return the coffin to his truck. That's when a pro-war supporter tried to rip a photo of Carlos' son from the coffin. When Carlos tried to save the photograph, he said a group of pro-war activists attacked him.

Class act.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

when emotions run high, we're at our worst

Comment

Can't really say much.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I wonder if any of these pro war activists involved in this situation has been in the Iraq war for themselves
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

A war is a war, and asking of them could be asked by the guy that started the thread.
          It was a despicable act. I will agree to that analysis.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Exact details are sketchy. What might have been ripped off the coffin was the flag that was draped on his son's flag. Carlos made the mistake of going off by himself, and when he was attacked, Iraq Veterans Against the War was too far away to intervene quickly.

BTW, Carlos Arredondo was the man who set himself on fire when he was told his son was killed.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Tragic...
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Scum, perfect example.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Eventhough I think that 'protesting' against the war by dragging a coffin with your sons picture all over the country is sick, it's even more sick to beat someone up because of differences of opinion.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

His son isn't in it.

It is meant to be shocking/sick. Always a good idea to put the results of the actions of the chickenhawks in the faces of their supporters.

Comment

This guy us a sick opportunist, using his son (again regardless of what his son thought, how despicable is that?) as a political ploy. He deserved an ass beating.

This is no different than that commercial where the parents of the fallen voice support for the war. I feel for you in your grief, but you are still no more qualified than anyone else to comment on the war. Your loss doesn't mean you know more about the facts, in fact it normally leaves you blind one way or the other.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

If he wants to run with a coffin through the country and people supporting the war get upset by it then I say he has achieved his goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                          This guy us a sick opportunist, using his son (again regardless of what his son thought, how despicable is that?) as a political ploy. He deserved an ass beating.
                          I sincerely disagree. However sick or opportunistic he may be, he is merely exercising his right to free speech. There is not, however, a concomitant right to ass beat those who express opinions you think are sick or opportunistic.

This is no different than that commercial where the parents of the fallen voice support for the war. I feel for you in your grief, but you are still no more qualified than anyone else to comment on the war. Your loss doesn't mean you know more about the facts, in fact it normally leaves you blind one way or the other.
                          I agree completely.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

However sick or opportunistic he may be, he is merely exercising his right to free speech.
                            I didn't say he didn't have a right to do it, but when being an ******* I won't feel sorry for you when you get your ass beat.

In fact that should be in the Bill of Rights, it is a defacto fact of American culture
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

I also don't think that victims should get a special status when it comes to their opinions. Having said that, the guy doesn't deserve a beating for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X