No announcement yet.

Robert Jordan is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't heard he was ill. It is sad that he didn't finish his series. I am hoping somebody would publish a heavily edited abridged series.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      I only hope George R.R. Martin will be equally prepared, unfortunately from what I've heard he isn't. And the Song of Ice and Fire is good. Mind you, Martin isn't exactly terminal, but he's not getting younger.
      I've been saying the same thing. And Martin doesn't look to be the picture of health. He's gotta get cracking on them!

RIP Robert Jordan!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
        I hadn't heard he was ill. It is sad that he didn't finish his series. I am hoping somebody would publish a heavily edited abridged series.
        He knew he was dying like 6 months ago. If he didn't tell someone of his plans he was being a bit silly.

Comment

RIP.

I liked the first 3-4 books of WoT, but 5-10 were awful. He got too longwinded about unimportant stuff. Where was samurai editor when you need him? 11 was better, but he certainly could have wrapped the series up by now.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

By the way...any links to news stories about his demise?
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Who he?
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                By the way...any links to news stories about his demise?

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Author Robert Jordan, whose "Wheel of Time" series of fantasy novels sold millions of copies, has died of a rare blood disease, his aide said Monday. He was 58.

Jordan, whose real name was James Oliver Rigney Jr., died Sunday at the Medical University of South Carolina of complications from primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy, his personal assistant, Maria Simons, said. The disease attacks the body's major organs; in Jordan's case, it caused the walls of his heart to thicken.

He wrote a trilogy of historical novels set in Charleston under the pen name Reagan O'Neal in the early 1980s. Then he turned his attention to fantasy and the first volume in his Wheel of Time epic, "The Eye of the World," was published in 1990 under the name Robert Jordan.

Jordan's books tells of Rand al'Thor, who is destined to become the champion who will battle ultimate evil in a mythical land.

Book 11, "Knife of Dreams," came out in 2005; there was also a prequel, "New Spring: The Novel," in 2004. The other titles in the series include "The Great Hunt," "Lord of Chaos" and "The Path of Daggers." Jordan was working on a 12th volume at the time of his death, Simons said.

He is survived by his wife, Harriet McDougal Rigney.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                  wtf is )RIP( Robert Jordan...
                  Rest in Peace

Comment

Requiescat In Pace
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

RIP Robert Jordan
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                      X