Robert Jordan is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Jordan is dead

Now, he was a horrible author, but he's has left a series over TEN THOUSAND PAGES LONG without its final book. I've had the misfortune to read all of them and want to know how the it ends

I didn't read all of them, because I decided to wait for it to end first, but still find this as sad... not only for his family, but also because I did want to know how it all ended.

He had reversed his earlier decision about burning the notes, so we still might see a final book based on his notes (not sure, I haven't followed the series for a number of years).

JM
    (he is a pretty poor writer, and his world was getting confused near the last book I read (Winter's Heart?))
    (I use to follow the use group rec.arts.sf-written.robert-jordan or something like that )
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Good thing i stopped reading after around 10th book (Finnish translation is split, probably 5-6th book in English). Hopefully there will be some kind conclusion to story anyways.

Comment

The last book is apparently partly written, and someone else will finish it (it is expected to make a good bit of money, and he gave his approval, so I would expect so).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Kuci, make up your own ending. I'm sure it couldn't be worse than what Jordan's been pulling out of hiss ass for the past 15 years...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I find myself in the exact same situation as Kuci.

Will we ever know how it's going to end, dammit

Still - sad to see him go

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Rest in peace, (and hopefully we will know how it ends).
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I read the first 3 and stopped because of his pisspoor writing. I just couldn't take any more of his drivle.

Still, many liked him and this is sad
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Sad that they liked him?

RIP.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

yes.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I use to love Robert Jordan and thought he was a great writer. The Wheel of Time however jumped the shark after Lord of Chaos. That should have been the last book. It gave enough closure to end the series, but left it open ended enough for our imaginations to carry on his world. After that, the books just became boring. Nothing happened and the books came so far and inbetween that I'd forgotten what happened in previous books and therefore got lost. Such a shame when a great writer just starts pumping out books for the money and damn the plot.
                      EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

First... RIP
                        He wrote MANY great books.
                        Unfortunately, he also published some real "pure - for the money books"
                        I only hope whoever takes his notes and his half written manuscript for the last book does them justice.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

wtf is )RIP( Robert Jordan...
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Robert Jordan was a big part of my childhood.

I loved his books when I was in 7th & 8th grade. I stopped reading about halfway through Crown of Swords (book 7), as the story seemed to lose its thread (not to mention the fact that I couldn't remember half of the characters), but the Wheel of Time series will always hold a special place for me. It's a shame that he didn't live to finish the last book. I might have read it, just to see the final fates of the gang from Two Rivers.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I only hope George R.R. Martin will be equally prepared, unfortunately from what I've heard he isn't. And the Song of Ice and Fire is good. Mind you, Martin isn't exactly terminal, but he's not getting younger.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X