No announcement yet.

Accomplishments of the Bush Administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it is good, it has also bad aspects. De facto it makes Hizb Allah stronger, and also iranian influence.
    nonsense.
    What makes Hizbullah stronger is the fact that Syria assassinates legitimate Lebanese politicians, and freely grants Hezbullah rockets and arms like it never did before.

Despite idiotic, short-sighted israeli policy towards it, which Bush did nothing to stop.
    Despite the Syrian trail of carnage against Lebanese democratic politicians.

With Hussayn gone, there is hardly a reason for persian-syrian alliance but the threat of Israel and USA.
    There was a historical chance, "thanks" to the war on terror and fall of Saddam's regime, hostile to Syria, to draw Syria closer to the west. But USA and Israel did everything to push Syria deeper and deeper into Iran's embrace. You call that success?
    You're confusing reason and cause.

Syria did all it could to distance itself from the west by:
    - attempting to enslave Lebanon and ruin its chance of democracy and freedom
    - actively promoting palestinians groups to escalate against Israel, and make any advancement impossible
    - actively promoting instability in Iraq and sending hundreds of jihadist trainees through it's Iraqi border.

When it comes to financial pressure - every false move of Israel and USA, and they make them a lot, sends milions of dolars to the terrorists. Bush, fighting them the way he does, gives them raison d'etre

Yes, because we all know that prior to the Iraqi invasion terrorists got no money or moral support.

It's the "fighting terrorism encourages more terrorism" bull**** argument.

Fact is that it is much harder for muslim charities to raise money in the west, and channel it to terrorism.
    Money donated to the palestinian government can no longer finance terrorism.
    Money laundering by Hezbullah, AlQaeda and associates is much more difficult than before.
    Even moderate muslim countries began overwatching where muslim charities channel their money.

Comment

tax cuts

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        tax cuts
        Isn't that kind of like cutting your expenses by not paying your bills?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Are you announcing your intention to run?
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Are you announcing your intention to run?
            No, I'm always the rebel.

Comment

Do Not Call Registry

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                It's more like cutting your expenses by having your bills sent to your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Do Not Call Registry
                  Not a bad start for a young fella.

Comment

Reagan also increased taxes for 90% of the U.S. populace. The richest 10% had their taxes cut enough to account for the tax "decrease" of the 80s.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

But that 90% benefited from the trickle down effect, and thus did well too.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        Ah yes, the Golden Showers of the Reagan Adminstration.

Comment

That's Reagan, and it was trickled on.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's actually more like "trickle up economics" Who do you think pays for the deficits so that the rich can pay less taxes?

Comment

You guys tag some weird things as accomplishments for the president. Then again, the opposite also applies, some of the negative things as if the president did it when that's very debatable it's not his fault.

Hey, I got a new job that starts in few weeks. Thanks Bush.

I've been very busy for the last few months and as a result, I'm very tired and my performance isn't very good at the moment. Thanks Bush!

In the meanwhile, Sweden..... thaaanks Bush!

wtf?
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I think this was one of the worst American presidents so far. But we'll see, I'm young

Comment

Working...
                                X