No announcement yet.

Accomplishments of the Bush Administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I thought of something! Bush was the first President to select African-American for top-tier cabinet posts (Defense; State). He also appointed a Hispanic as Attorney Genereal. These appointments broke the back of the perception that the Republican Party is racist or at least has racists tendencies.

Comment

So THATS why everything went to hell! Aha!

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        If Clinton can get credit for balancing the budget then Bush can for the minimum wage.
        You know Clinton raised taxes right?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Accomplishments of the Bush Administration

Read my sig plz.

Comment

Nice try Kid, but if you were alive in the 80s you would have learned that raising taxes decreases revenue.

Or, umm, something like that.

I guess you had to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Bush is responsible for raising teh minimum wage?

In that case, @ Bush
              Bush has a plan to undo it, don't you worry.

Comment

Hey, I thought of something! Bush was the first President to select African-American for top-tier cabinet posts (Defense; State).
                I realize that it might be tough to tell sometimes, but Rumsfeld actually isn't black (neither is Gates)...
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Nice try Kid, but if you were alive in the 80s you would have learned that raising taxes decreases revenue.

That's what Reagan said. His voodoo ecomonics said he could cut taxes, double military spending and balance the budget. He was basing this campaign promise on the so-called Laffer Curve -- which it turns out was very appropriately named.

Comment

Syria is out of Lebanon
                    Lebanon is on its (difficult) way to freedom.
                    Syria is losing its status in the middle east.
                    A union of pro-western arab countries opposes Syria, Hezbullah and Iran.
                    Lybia has disbanded its nuclear program.
                    Iran is facing increasing diplomatical challenge on the issue of its nuclear program.
                    Al-Qaeda is mostly occupied with the middle east, away from US borders.
                    There's huge financial pressure on Islamic fundamentalist funding of terrorism, around the globe.

Comment

Thank you Siro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

That's what Reagan said. His voodoo ecomonics said he could cut taxes, double military spending and balance the budget. He was basing this campaign promise on the so-called Laffer Curve -- which it turns out was very appropriately named.
                          I think that's why he said the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

I realize that it might be tough to tell sometimes, but Rumsfeld actually isn't black (neither is Gates)...
                            Oops, my bad. I was mis-remembering Colin Powell as being in Defense (where he should have been) rather than State.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                              Syria is out of Lebanon
                              While it is good, it has also bad aspects. De facto it makes Hizb Allah stronger, and also iranian influence.

Lebanon is on its (difficult) way to freedom.
                              Despite idiotic, short-sighted israeli policy towards it, which Bush did nothing to stop.

Syria is losing its status in the middle east.
                              A union of pro-western arab countries opposes Syria, Hezbullah and Iran.
                              With Hussayn gone, there is hardly a reason for persian-syrian alliance but the threat of Israel and USA.
                              There was a historical chance, "thanks" to the war on terror and fall of Saddam's regime, hostile to Syria, to draw Syria closer to the west. But USA and Israel did everything to push Syria deeper and deeper into Iran's embrace. You call that success?

When it comes to financial pressure - every false move of Israel and USA, and they make them a lot, sends milions of dolars to the terrorists. Bush, fighting them the way he does, gives them raison d'etre
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

I thought Lebanon was lost, in that all the Sunnis and Christians are leaving/getting killed while fundamentalist Shia were taking over population wise
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X