Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the 10 Best Movie Comedies of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot spaceballs and 40 year old in my list as well. Though 40 year old is still fairly new. If I find it funny after 5 years out, then it goes on my list.

Comment

seems kind of silly when I say home alone is disturbing when I want to see more blood in star wars (see star wars thread).

But I think it's silly to have adult elements in a kids film. The film is just stupid, let's face it. Why did Home Alone make all this money?

It's been a while since I seen the movie. I think I do remember a gun. So there may have been a scene where they did try to kill the kid. But that makes the film even more disturbing. How is violence against children funny in any way? So you could argue they deserved a can of paint smashed into their head. But the bad guys were not portrayed as evil and sadistic, only as bumbling fools. So you didn't have a case such as Star Wars where the bad guys are true bad guys. These bad guys were only morons. Since when does being stupid warrant some kids trying to kill you?

And it's time I admitted it. I thought the kid was stupid and I rooted for the bad guys in Home Alone . I'm exaggerrating a bit, but the kid was stupid. why am I supposed to root for this obnoxious kid? This kid was so annoying, I like Wesley Crusher over him.

Comment

Recently, I've liked Wedding Crashers and Analyze This.
        Big fan of Groundhog Day, too.
        Too soon to know if they'll hold up.

I also really enjoyed the Maverick movie (Mel Gibson, James Garner, Jodie Foster).
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Revenge of the Nerds

Comment

Life of Brian
            La cage aux folles (original)
            L'aile ou la cuisse (Louis de Funes)
            Le Tatoué (Louis de Funes)
            The Great Dictator
            They call me trinity (Bud Spencer&Terence Hill)
            Arsenic and Lace
            Braindead
            Borat (isa nice)
            Welcome to Wellville
            The Gods Must Be Crazy
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

is They Call me Trinity a western? I recall some movie with Henry Fonda as an old gunfighter being pushed into a final battle with an outlaw gang by a young guy with no name, some guy who wants to take his place.

Comment

nope, My Name is Nobody is the one with Fonda

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  Though 40 year old is still fairly new. If I find it funny after 5 years out, then it goes on my list.
                  It was on my long list as well (as was Harold & Kumar) but didn't make the final cut for just that reason.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                    nope, My Name is Nobody is the one with Fonda
                    Terence Hill. Contrary to rumor, he does have a name.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 100 postings and only ONE has mentioned Marx bros
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• We're not big on the commies around here.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                          100 postings and only ONE has mentioned Marx bros
                          The younger posters probably never saw any of their movies...

At least Lord Avalon did mention them
                          While I do like movies like Blues Brothers, Holy Grail, Fish Called Wanda, Animal House, Airplane, Ghost Busters, etc, I'm going to give a shout out to some classics:

Duck Soup, A Night at the Opera (Marx Bros)

Some Like It Hot (Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Marilyn Monroe)

The Bank Dick (WC Fields)

A Shot in the Dark, The Pink Panther Strikes Again (Peter Sellers)

Dr. Strangelove

Manhattan (Woody Allen)

The Producers ('68) (Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder)

Oh, and a Japanese film:
                          A Taxing Woman
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                            100 postings and only ONE has mentioned Marx bros
                            Ummm, you may want to look over the thread again.

A few of us mentioned at least one Marx Brothers movie.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

The younger posters probably never saw any of their movies...
                              Yeah, probably the reason.

At least Lord Avalon did mention them
                              Well, that was the ONE I thought of - with me it became two
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer

Ummm, you may want to look over the thread again.

A few of us mentioned at least one Marx Brothers movie.
                                Well, I can't remember all the titles of their movies, so I probably have missed some

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X