Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the 10 Best Movie Comedies of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original Vacation was pretty good too.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
      Um... Animal House was a National Lampoon movie.
      Granted. I refer to the "National Lampoons.....Whatever" movies. particularly those with CC.

"Hi, I'm Chevy Chase.....and you're not."

Thank god
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Vacation was good. I didn't like the others, though.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Sullivan's Travels
          Holy Grail
          Dr. Strangelove
          Duck Soup
          Bringing up Baby
          Airplane!
          Naked Gun
          Supercop
          The General
          The Producers

Maybe not in top 10, but worth mentioning (considering what else has been mentioned )

A Night at the Opera
          The Man in the White Suit
          Quick Change
          Yojimbo
          Ghostbusters
          VANGUARD

Comment

• Planes,Train and Automobiles

Its a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World (1963)

Dumb & Dumber

Vacation

Spaceballs-May the Schwartz be with you

Blazing Saddled

Caddyshack "Da Gophers Man, Da Gophers" "excuse me but isnt it illegal to kill the golphers"?

Airplane-"Jimmy, did you ever let you dog hump your leg?"

M*A*S*H*-Freaking Fawnee

Cheech and Chong's NEXT MOVIE "I think they are IRANIAN TERRORISTS!!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

Japanese people have a sense of humor??
              IMHO japanese anime comedies are much better than western comedy films, especially if it's a school comedy.
              Knowledge is Power

Comment

• Posting for future reference.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Japanese have a sense of humor? when did this happen?

I've seen clips of their game shows, I'm more horrified than amused . At least they are past the phase of invading pacific islands. So whatever works.

Comment

• it may not be as good as the first, but there is a HILARIOUS scene in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. Ace spies a wealthy lady with a fur wrap coming down the stairs and after confronting her, she tells him he should try and enjoy the fruits of nature. Ace knocks out the little guy with her, lifts him up on his shoulders like a fur wrap and proceeds to dance around

vavoom vavoom vavoom

Comment

• No, my favorite scene from AV:WNC is the monastary.

I'm looking for Ace Ventura
                      "We have no names here"
                      He's an American
                      "We have no nationalities here"
                      He bends over and talks through his anus
                      "Oh... him."
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui They rated Kingpin above Animal House?! Wtf?!

I prefer Kingpin. Maybe it's because of all the hype, but I wasn't that impressed with Animal House. I was expecting something amazing, but it only made me laugh a few times.
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• animal house is more of a party movie. not really that funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis, Guynemer, Wezil, Ramo,and Straybow

the big lebowski
                            QFMFT. though it's the worst movie on cable. "Do you see Larry? This is what happens! This is what happens, when you find a stranger in the Alps!"

and shame on y'all for not including 'and now for something completely different.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• No, my favorite scene from AV:WNC is the monastary.
                              the guy walks in and Ace is surrounded by animals and he walks up to Ace who is deep in meditation. The guy gets real close, face to face, and Ace comes out of it and starts yelling in the guy's face and he freaks.

Comment

• I think I'm weird for not liking Jim Carrey movies (except dumb and dumber). The mask was horrible- that movie wasn't a laugh out loud comedy I guess .

He best work was on in living color.

edit: I'll revise that to Jim Carey comedies. I did like Eternal sunshine. But not because of Jim Carey.

Comment

Working...
                                X