i'm now on facebook and linkedin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm now on facebook and linkedin

do these sites ask you tons of personal questions or what?
    i find the amount of personal information people are ready to give amazing...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Re: i'm now on facebook and linkedin

Originally posted by MarkG
    do these sites ask you tons of personal questions or what?
    i find the amount of personal information people are ready to give amazing...
    you dont have to answer it, and you can choose what to keep private, IIUC.

I got on to keep tabs on POTMs use (at her suggestion, BTW) and I've now reconnected with two old college pals.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Markos, you gave up ownership of Apolyton so you could work, not register at Facebook
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        Markos, you gave up ownership of Apolyton so you could work, not register at Facebook
        a highschool friend found me through google and invited me...

i was reading on an article that there are people now spending 2 hours per day on facebook sharing what the do the other 22 hours. imagine spending some much time on the same site every day! eeeeerr... hmmm. hold on....

Comment

I wouldn't have anything to do at work (other than post here) if it weren't for Facebook.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

linkedin seems to be targetted to job-related networking. i wondered if anyone has a "success story" to share...

Comment

Re: Re: i'm now on facebook and linkedin

Originally posted by lord of the mark
              I got on to keep tabs on POTMs use (at her suggestion, BTW)
              POTM is weird I would never give my parents access to anything I put online

Comment

my old boss is on linkedin and he's an ass
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I searched for your name and could not find you. Make it easy and join the Apolyton Facebook group.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Whoohoo! Let the cyberstalking begin!
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                      I searched for your name and could not find you.
                      you now, you ARE supposed to know my last name

Comment

there are even 2 giannopoulos groups!

Comment

there, i joined the apolyton group

wow, we have our own forum for people with real names. cute!

Comment

I have a LinkedIn account, but not Facebook.

At a quick glance, at least FB looks more decent than MySpace.
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

ah facebook has a nice photo album creator
                              i've been looking (and had no time to code one) for a service that allows you to share photos but mainly one that allows you to mass-upload and mass-describe photos. facebook does exactly that.

Comment

Working...
                              X