No announcement yet.

Favourite historical period/field/topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It helps in the development of a better understanding of overall history, though.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Helps wannabe academics make a reputation more like it
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Rise, Reign And Fall Of German 2nd Reich.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

German unification to the end of WW2.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Military history, especially WWII, also special ops.

Ancient Greece & Rome.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Anglo-Saxon England and contemporary Franks, Germans and Scandinavians, Classic Greece, late Hellenistic Greek world, Proto-Indo Europeans, 2nd and 1st Century BC Roman Republic, Migrations period. Also interested in Tudor to Restoration, and 19th Century England because that coincide with my literary interests.

There's many more, I tend to take an interest in anything, but these are the periods where I have something resembling a working knowledge.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
              X