Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you back Asher. The site needs a breath of life.

That said, why is this **** thread still in the OT? This is a TECH THREAD!

It appears the mods have lost the courage of their convictions. After insisting on sticking with the subform idea they don't use them! WTF?

The only thing worse than bad decisions are inconsistent ones.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

That said, why is this **** thread still in the OT? This is a TECH THREAD!
      Let's rename the OT
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        To be fair, not all of Apple's products are grossly overpriced. The 15" MacBook Pros are a genuinely good deal for a laptop with its dimensions, weight, power, and build quality.
        This almost reads like you got one...

Comment

ASHER IS BACK

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

This almost reads like you got one...
            It might be construed as such.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

cool that you are back, why did they let you out?

also, macbook pros are not a good deal for the same reason every other mac isn't a good deal.

Comment

To be fair, not all of Apple's products are grossly overpriced. The 15" MacBook Pros are a genuinely good deal for a laptop with its dimensions, weight, power, and build quality.
                That's the one I have.

Welcome back, Asher.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  cool that you are back, why did they let you out?

also, macbook pros are not a good deal for the same reason every other mac isn't a good deal.
                  Compare the MacBook Pro to the similar Dells and Sonys and you'll find it's quite reasonable.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Stop talking to yourself

Comment

With Agathon running rampant, it's actually good to have Asher back. Aggie is so extremely onesided that Asher's opposite onesidedness is a huge relief.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Compare the MacBook Pro to the similar Dells and Sonys and you'll find it's quite reasonable.
                        ZOMFG, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH ASHER?!?!?!?1?
                        Quick, check for pods...

(Seriously, good to see you posting here again.)
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai

I'll assume that you're just kidding around and that you do understand the point of lowering prices to make a bigger overall profit.
                          I didn't say that you can't get more profit from lower prices. I said with no ambiguity that you can change prices and get more profit.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Apple intentionally pricegouged its most loyal customers for an extra buck
                            Pricegouging is so the norm.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

My best guess is still that they want to sell more units in order to carry on to the next release in Europe and then later on Asia. I think they simply haven't sold enough, too many bad news along the way and no remarkable successes yet, so what they need to do is somehow raise the value of the whole thing again or get the numbers running, so they're trying to get the numbers running and taking a small hit for the short run of next release time.

Not sure though, but that's what I'd assume, since they're going to take a small hit right after their next release in Europe & Asia. They have to get the price right or the writers are going to rip them a new one, the phone is worth about 200 euros, so if they'd even think about selling it 500 or higher, they're going to simply die. Die from being ridiculed.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

100x1m = lotta itunes

breaking news.....itunes sales 100 million more than expected for the quarter

Comment

Working...
                                X