Morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morons

"Death to Sweden, death to Lars", Pakistani protesters chanted during a street rally Friday aimed at the Swedish newspaper 'Nerikes Allehandas' publication last week of a drawing by artist Lars Vilks depicting the prophet Muhammed as a dog.
    Attached Files

By the way, following the publication, Lars Vilks has received numerous threats on his life, and Swedish muslims marched from the Muslim Cultural Center to the offices of 'Nerikes Allehandas' in Stockholm today in protest. Amid the controversy, several art galleries and organisations who were scheduled to display Vilks' artwork have declined to do so, citing security concerns.

Yay for our secular and civilized Western societies.

Comment

This is what happens when you have thousands of people with nothing better to do than sit around and b1tch (and burn ****).

-Arrian

p.s. disclaimer: this is not to be taken for serious commentary. It's just the first thing that popped into my head.
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's funny how worked up they get about cartoons
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Dont they have to work? How do they get all this free time to protest?
          I need a foot massage

Comment

they don't have teh internet

so, they spend their spare time beitchin' in RL rather than here
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
              Dont they have to work? How do they get all this free time to protest?
              Isn't the unemployment rate in the territories huge? I thought so...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Wonder why...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ran out of virgins
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

A quick google search indicates the unemployment rate for the territories is currently somewhere around 40-50%.

Not that having a job makes you any smarter, but it does tend to cut into your flag-burning time.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      A quick google search indicates the unemployment rate for the territories is currently somewhere around 40-50%.

Not that having a job makes you any smarter, but it does tend to cut into your flag-burning time.

-Arrian
                      The territories? You mean the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan? Is that where this rally was? Cause it doesnt seem to have been in what I call "the Territories".
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

anyway, glad its sweden this time, I can counter-protest by buying saga cheese for a change.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

That flag is a bit funny, but I assume they didn't have more blue color left.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think flag/effigy burning and protesting is a hobby in Muslim countries like bar hopping is here. "Hey whatcha doing afte work this Friday Osama?", "Oh I'm just gonna chill and burn and effigy of Bush while shouting death to all Americans." "Ya, that'll be a blast!"

EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Winston has attached this image:
                              This is apparently not just blind hatred, but colorblind hatred

In any case, this is no big deal here in Sweden. Out of our around 400.000 muslims, only about 200 went out to demonstrate, peacefully.
                              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X