No announcement yet.

Iraqi sacrifices himself to save the lives of U.S. troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not the one defending a Townhall article...

I repeat, the vast majority of civilian casualties due to sectarian violence go unreported in televised media. This is a basic fact. The media isn't covering 62 Iraqi deaths a day.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

That is nice Ramo, but you are the only one talking about that.

The rest of us are talking about why this newsworthy story was not covered, or why its okay to grossly mischaracterize bad news but not okay to simple present positive news at all.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: Iraqi sacrifices himself to save the lives of U.S. troops

Originally posted by aneeshm
        NOTE: I have no stance on the war in Iraq. I don't really care, because I don't know enough to.

You are a strange person indeed.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

because I don't know enough to.
          Thats not stopping any of us.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            That is nice Ramo, but you are the only one talking about that.

The rest of us are talking about why this newsworthy story was not covered, or why its okay to grossly mischaracterize bad news but not okay to simple present positive news at all.
            Bull****. Positive news is covered at appropriate times; when it means something. This doesn't mean ****. It's not newsworthy. Period.

Comment

If this is positive news, the situation's gotta be pretty dire.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                The story would be better served without the partisan bullcrap, but when I saw the site that posted it, I am not surprised.
                All pro-Iraq War reports start like that with usually a mention of Demorats and Hillary Clinton being the devil incarnate.

Comment

Re: Re: Iraqi sacrifices himself to save the lives of U.S. troops

Originally posted by Kidicious

You are a strange person indeed.
                  I use to not care.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Or do you hear about the millions of Iraqis under the protection of their own army or in peace every day on the news? Or citizens diligently working to improve their own safety and life?
                    Wherever you live, does the local water/sewer utility call you up to let you know about the sewer system not overflowing and the water still working?

What's the point of reporting how many Iraqis are holding hands singing Kumbaya around the campfire in the land of sweetness and light? If it's that great, why are we still there?

Ahh, it's because of the *******s blowing people up and other little minor disturbances...
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Iraqi sacrifices himself to save the lives of U.S. troops

Originally posted by Jon Miller

I use to not care.

JM
                      I guess a lot of people don't. It just seemed strange coming from aneeshm because he often engages in political discussions.

Comment

Wherever you live, does the local water/sewer utility call you up to let you know about the sewer system not overflowing and the water still working?
                        Because since you and Ramo believe the place is the 3rd ring of hell currently, something like that would be the exception, right? Its your own position that on the overall situation that justifies this report most.

Comment

I'm sure their position is backed by evidence.

Comment

I'm sure their position is backed by evidence.
                            I am glad you are sure Iraq is the resting place for the worlds gluttons.

So you agree then, that this is exeptional news that deserves reporting?

Comment

I am glad you are sure Iraq is the resting place for the worlds gluttons.

So you agree then, that this is exeptional news that deserves reporting?
                              I'm sure that most Iraqis would dance on your grave. Does that answer your question?

Comment

Yes, thank you for your support

Comment

Working...
                                X