Illusion of freedom and the exercize of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious

That's a blatantly false statement. The less consequences we have for the actions that we desire to take the more free we are. Enough of this nonsense.

I challenge your claim that we are free because the rulers give us what we want. They don't give us everything we want, or everything they can give us for that matter. They give us just enough so that we won't overthrow them, make us think that what they gave us is worth more than it is, and take the rest for themselves. Furthermore, they take action to increase the cost of replacing them whenever they can, and make us think that the cost is higher than it actually is. What do you say to that?

You haven't understood any of what I said.

YOU give your rulers power over you.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Like in the Soviet Union. You can have a new watch and elect a leader to wear it for you.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

You haven't understood any of what I said.

YOU give your rulers power over you.
        I think you've gone off the deep end.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
          Like in the Soviet Union. You can have a new watch and elect a leader to wear it for you.
          Right, or even somewhere else, they tell you that you have a new enemy, that they have created themselves, and you need to pay for new expensive weapons for example.
          Last edited by Kidlicious; August 23, 2007, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I think you've gone off the deep end.
            Thankfully, I have never cared what you think
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The feeling is now mutual.

Comment

Working...
              X