Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple brings back the PC jr keyboard to life (or the new iMac thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Macs even have BIOSes? (BIOSi?)
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The Intel Macs use EFI instead of BIOS.

Comment

And the keyboard looks beautiful but also like a PITA to use. Form over function FTW.

Comment

This does look better than the old iMacs. But the keyboards look cheap and flimsy. Not ergonomic in at all.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Do Macs even have BIOSes? (BIOSi?)
            No. That is an ancient and crappy technology. Only a lame and antiquated company would still use that rubbish.

I wonder how many people are going to claim that these are ridiculously expensive computers after the last attempt to do so when the Mac came out quite a bit cheaper than its competitors?
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm going to hazard a guess and say you're not qualified to comment on the technical merits of EFI vs. BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

No. That is an ancient and crappy technology. Only a lame and antiquated company would still use that rubbish.

I wonder how many people are going to claim that these are ridiculously expensive computers after the last attempt to do so when the Mac came out quite a bit cheaper than its competitors?
                I thought it went the otherway around.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

I thought it went the otherway around.
                  You might want to read the rest of the thread. The Apple machines turned out to be cheaper. People were "forgetting" to put in the equivalent power supply on the competing machines. The truth is that Dell's and HP's workstations are pretty expensive.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Man, some crappy bad prices on those macs.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh dear, there we go again
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

What? You must admit that the prices are steep. I don't like the whole MS thing, but at least I don't have to buy my computer by a monopolist. I could get much more hardware for that price than Apple gives you.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

You might want to read the rest of the thread.
                          Oh god no!
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Take a look at this one, a random computer I found on the first e-shop I looked at:

*Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED m/vifte

*Corsair TWIN2X 5400 DDR2, 2048MB PC5400 Kit w/two matched CM2X1024-5400C4 Dimm's

*Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

* XFX GeForce 8600GT 620M 256MB XXX GDDR3, PCI-Express, 2xDVI, 620/1600Mhz

*USB2 multi card reader 3.5" sort, for CF I/II,SM,MMC/SD,MS,xD (bulk)

*Creative SBS380, (Sub,2 monitorer) Retail

*Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Norsk

*LG 19" LCD L1918S-SN TCO-03 Silver 1280x1024, 5ms, 700:1, LightView

Price: ~10.000 NOK, included 25% taxes and such. $1 = ~6 NOK. Which means ~1600 USD. Much more than the equivalent from Apple, and I'm sure I can find better trades if I look harder.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              Oh dear, there we go again
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nikolai, this debate has been done a million times before. Spare us your bible thumping and your Mac bashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X