What was the greatest MBT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the greatest MBT?

Apologies to all OT old-timers. I couldn't resist reviving an old legend.

I'm going for the T-34. The tank that broke Hitler, largely because the bugger just wouldn't break down.

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

I hate you...
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I agree. The only other viable candidate would be the M4.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Chieftan
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

As long as you don´t have the large numerical superiority and control the skies, I would prefer to sit in a PzKpfW V - Panther

or PzKpfW VI Tiger

It would enhance my survival chances I assume
          The best mix regarding mobility, firepower and armor had IMHO the Panther.

But I fear they didn´t help to break Hitler, as long as they didn´t sit on the ground as motionless sitting ducks because of the lack of fuel
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 8, 2007, 05:44.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I agree. The only other viable candidate would be the M4.
            I don't want to laugh at you outright, I would prefer to see what you will use to support this statment first.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Armchair generals and their beloved t34\m4
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Combined arms
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  The only other viable candidate would be the M4.
                  When the Germans knocked one out, two more grew back in its place.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

While simplicity of design should be considered s far as that helped with maintenance on the battlefield, we are not ranking the efficiency nation's industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                      While simplicity of design should be considered s far as that helped with maintenance on the battlefield, we are not ranking the efficiency nation's industry.
                      That is what you say, but no one has even attempted to construct a set standard to judge this question.

I am using historical importance. The T34 and the M4 were the tanks that by sheer numbers won WW2. Other tanks may have been more powerful on the field of battle, but in the end that wasn't what mattered.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

GePap, the title says "greatest MBT", not "tanks that by sheer numbers won WW2." Start your own (very short) thread.
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Eh, T-34 is a medium tank. Panther, otoh, is the first true MBT.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Eh, T-34 is a medium tank. Panther, otoh, is the first true MBT.
                            It was a medium tank as far as the German's were concerned.

For Gepap, what tank would you want to ride into battle with in WWII, say around 1944? I doubt your answer will be the M4

Comment

I would like Chally2 thx very much

Ammo resupply would be an issue though.

Comment

Working...
                              X