Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Want to Accomplish As a National Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're supposed to keep the sex scandals quiet until the second term.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You're supposed to keep the sex scandals quiet until the second term.
      Its time to change things around in Washington

Shake it up baby!
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
        Says the Mexican-supremacist
        Nice pointless point.
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I definitely agree about legalizing marijuana. There really is no point in spending so much enforcing a drug that's not a health threat, plus I find it so hypocritical that smoking nicotine is allowed -something which causes millions in health costs a year- but cannabis isn't.
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

What, no votes for crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women?
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Then what are you doing messing around in education policy when it is a State matter?

In other words the demand for the other drugs would go down, and thus the resources to combat whats left would be further concentrated.
              never thought of that one

Comment

5.) All military projects advancing us 2 generations over the nearest competitor should be abandoned. The F-22 is nice, but the F-15 can already clean the floor with any potential threat out there right now. Weapon systems take 20-25 years to mature these days and states like China are hitting that wall, they are not going to surprise us anytime soon.
                the first of your ideas that i'm against.

i'd agree if you merely reduce funding, to increase the current army.

but dropping the future generation systems is bad for the economy / science developement.

Comment

Raise taxes drastically on corporations the top 25% of income earners.

Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act and other anti-Labor BS such as so-called "Right-to-Work" laws.

Nationalize the Healthcare, Oil, Natural Gas, Coal, and Energy (power stations, etc) industries

Enact a carbon tax on most businesses.

Invest in an interstate electrified rail system that services all communities of more then 2000 people.

Increase automobile fuel efficiency standards drastically.

Enact a national 15% sales tax on SUVs.

Give tax breaks to owners of hybrid or electric cars.

Invest in nuclear and renewable energy and start phasing out coal and natural gas power stations.

Invest in fusion research.

Enact fair trade policies and use tariffs to limit outsourcing.

Give tax breaks for co-ops.

Create a government-run investment bank for co-ops.

Ban conglomerate corporations (like GE, current owner owner of NBC) from owning media companies.

Reimpose the Fairness Doctrine on the media.

Gut all the DoD pork projects.

Double teacher pay and reduce class sizes, require state governments subsidize school districts if necessary.

Grant free 4-year college tuition to any public university to all students that graduate with at least a 3.0 GPA and free 2-year higher education for everyone.

Legalize and tax "soft" drugs like marijuana.

Legalize same-sex civil unions.

Enshrine internet access as a right.

Triple NASA's funding.

subsidize research into biotechnology and nanotechnology.

Repeal the USA PATRIOT Act.

Split the Department of Homeland Security into the Department of Law Enforcement and the Department of Intelligence; move FEMA to the Department of the Interior.

Comment

First I'd dump Iraq like a hot friggin rock and bring our boys home to Germany. Then, I'd launch a surgical conventional strike on rusty Russian nuke missile sites just in case any of them still work, while obliterating their boomer fleet and hitting their airbases in one swift move. Then, I'd send in the troops on a blitz straight for Moscow, sweeping aside weak and obsolete Russian tank forces. I'd put my boldest tank general at the point to try to enter Moscow before the Poles. Let the Poles and Germans race for second. Somewhere in this I'd accept the French surrender. Then I'd drive from Moscow straight for the oil fields. I'd tell the Russians that they are being freed from an oppressive regime and ask them to please be nicer than the last bunch we did that for. Then I'd turn off the oil going to the EU until they bought enough dollars to strengthen our currency. I'd then resign the presidency and go to the Philippines with my savings restored to their former glory.

USA! USA! USA!
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Poles
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X