No announcement yet.

Post your watch and how much you payed for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casio g-shock MTG-900. Totally indestructible and unscratchable $200 or so, gift from my father a few years back.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

$20 equivalent maybe. I didn't buy it, it was a gift.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Seiko 7t52 - about $350, I've had it for about 14 years.
        Attached Files
        mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Summit XLT Chrono
          Swiss Army watch? Does it have a gadget to extract stones from horses hooves?

Comment

Mine is an analog Junghans, which I inherited from my dad. It was given to him for his 60th birthday by my granddad. It stopped within two hours of my wearing it for the first time, and I had it repaired.

It's just an ordinary watch that tells the time, nothing fancy. I'd estimate its cost at maybe $100.

Comment

My watch... A Puma something or other... I think it was on sale for 125 guilders (~€56) or something back then. I can't remember.

I got it as a present from my parents about 15 years ago.
              Last edited by Mercator; February 27, 2010, 14:13.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Skagen Steel, about $100.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  Casio g-shock MTG-900. Totally indestructible and unscratchable $200 or so, gift from my father a few years back.
                  I beg to differ. High end G-Shocks will indeed come apart when hit by a car.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I've not needed a watch since being forced to use a mobile phone (thanks to work). When I'm out I have my mobile, when home I have several clocks. Thus watches are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned - worse than irrelevant actually, cause I find them uncomfortable now.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Also a G-Shock. It says MTG 520 (2713). Can't be bothered to look for a pic.

My parents bought it for ~175$ for my 18th birthday. It's extremely durable, but it's age can already be seen.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

(thread title)

paid, not payed
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

@Adrian

Nice watch!!
                          bleh

Comment

My primary watch is a Seiko stainless steel automatic that I've had for about 30 yrs. My dad gave it to me.

I lost this watch one summer not long after I got it. Our cabin went on an overnight trip to an area with a sandy hill. We were playing around on it, so I took off my watch and put it in the front pocket of my jeans to protect it from the sand. Unfortunately, I didn't push it all the way down, and at some point it slipped out. I didn't realize it was gone till we got back the next morning.

Well a week later a counselor called me over after morning calisthenics. He looked all serious, so I was wondering if I was in trouble or something. But he pulled out my watch, which someone had found after a recent overnight.

My secondary watch is a Casio G-Shock. I got it on sale for a little over $60. Unlike the pic, its face is green instead of blue.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

60th birthday? Who needs to know the time when they're 60?

Comment

Somewhere I have a nice simple citizen watch that set me back about ~100$. It is a replacement for a citizen watch that I got for 8th grade graduation (got busted playing basketball).

It ran out of batteries 4 years ago, and I haven't replaced them yet. (Basically I ask the time now, or look at my cellphone if I am carrying it).

BTW, I don't do this, but if you have a dress shirt and slacks, you are suppose to tuck it in and wear a belt. I don't tuch it in... so don't wear the belt. I think I have a belt somewhere though.

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X