Post your watch and how much you payed for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    60th birthday? Who needs to know the time when they're 60?
    Generally employers give you a watch after you have worked there 25 years or something.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That was a glorious crosspost by me. I was replying to Winston, five posts back or so.

Comment

Except mine doesn't have the Shenmue logo on the face. £25.
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

@chronos - my dad got it for me when I turned 11 and started at secondary school, which was interesting because it was way too big for me. The nice thing, though, is that I intend to wear it for as long as I can - most of my friends have gone through a bunch of different watches during that time and have probably ended up spending more. Good robust analog watches
          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            That's almost as silly as saying that you don't need to wear a belt when your pants fit alright.
            Why would you want to wear a belt when the pants fit? And why would you buy some pants that doesn't fit?
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

because belts are cool, just like a watch can be cool. what's wrong with you people

Comment

Nothing cool about belts... belts are for 50+ year olds
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

You do look a bit odd in office/dress pants without a belt - especially when you have your shirt tucked in.

I don't bother with a belt in my jeans.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                    I don't have one. They irritate
                    Same here. I particularly dislike the sweat that builds up on a hot day. Conspicuously not-wearing-a-watch also offers a cheap and easy chat-up line, should the need arise.

Cue the chronograph connoisseurs bragging about their liquid helium cooling system functionality on their Joo-Junta-1200 GTI Model

I do keep a watch with a second-hand next to the stove though, for timing boiled eggs.

Comment

Shouldn't Ludd be posting here saying that he always carries a sundial around with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuken
                        because belts are cool, just like a watch can be cool. what's wrong with you people
                        I want to know, too

Philistines
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yes, going with the prison look of waist around the knees and holding them up is such a turn on to women, I'm sure.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you don't wear a belt, how will you discipline your children when they misbehave?
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Cut them in half.

Comment

Cut the children in half. Yes, that will go over well with child right advocates.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X